• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Puma crash

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

Look at this!!!

http://rapidshare.de/files/8126662/crash.wmv.html

(Scroll to the bottom, click on 'free' box. It will then tell you, you have 20secs or so to wait til download, wait then click on crash.wmv link).

The Pilots probably had to goto Brize the night before to pick up their fellow Aircrew from an OOA det and so causing a crash due to fatigue. All because MT have been dis-established. Still thats what you get for looking after your troops. Sorry I digress.
This crash appears to have been caused by a drive shaft failure as the the tale boom is intact at the point of impact. Makes interesting viewing all the same escpecially as one of the troops actually fell out of the thing and then had it topple on top of him. Lets hope he is alright :( . He is needed to drive some spotty LACs on an exped later......................Sorry again.

Last edited:

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Ah, perhaps the light is dawning, could you be an MT chap that feels hard done by because someone had the temerity to question the fact that your trade may well be outdated? For those of you wondering what this is about, check the thread "Cat amongst the pigeons". Nerdy seems to have take umbrage with my points without actually giving an alternative to my suggestions. As to the comment abut driving to Bzn, I would suggest that someone on flying duties the next day wouldn't be used for such a task and I find that comment in very poor taste, someone may have died here, lets not forget.

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

No stax I am not an MT driver. Its called banter old chap.
I realise people may have died in this crash god forbid.
The point I was getting at is that long term cummalative fatigue affects people quite badly. Time zone shifts can lead to considerable cumulative sleep deprivation in some adverse tours of duty without having to burden them with extra tasks such as driving. The same could be said for the highly trained over worked Technicians.
I could go on about time zone crossing, circadian dysrhytmia and resynchronization if you like.

Stax

Flight Sergeant
If you want to use various long, scientific words to show all of us that you are educated (or very good at trawling scientific sites on the web) then crack on. Banter is fine in it's place, however in the case of this thread, one that you started, having a dig at another thread, by highlighting a serious accident, is not going to enhance your profile to anyone else reading either of them. I am well aware of tiredness and how it can affect your normal daily routine, I have been in that position myself whilst OOA. I ask the question, what can MT do to prove to the rest of the RAF it's worth keeping as a trade? The reason for me starting the thread was, as you go around day to day, you hear nothing but abuse for the MT trade, if they can prove that they are worth keeping, so be it! All I have pointed out is that many of their core tasks are already carried out by other tradesmen and if we get rid of them as a trade we can enhance, or cut less of, the other trades. Simplistic perhaps but I have a genuine thirst for knowledge.