• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PROC/PGSC Boots

Gabhar

LAC
Hi,

I've applied for RAF Regiment Officer and have passed my filter interview. Hopefully, these are not too silly questions to ask, but, as boots are worn for PROC and PGSC skirmish, I was going to buy some boots to run in before attending in Honington. There was a wide variety available when I went looking. My questions are...Are 'assault boots' what I'm looking for to prepare for PROC, and, in your opinions, am I better off getting new ones and breaking them in, or buying grade 1 used boots?

Thank you in advance!

Gabhar

IMHO just use the issued boots as they will be either Haix high liability or Alt Berg Defenders (best boots ever). If you want to go down the buy your own route then buy a brand new pair of Alt Berg Defenders, which can be picked up on eBay for sub £100 new, and break them in before you go. All the kit you need when you join will be issued to you and there is a large selection of boots available from stores so that you can find a good match for your feet. Good luck!