• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Private dental work

I was looking at getting my teeth straightened with a private clinic as I don't want just the bog standard brace. If i get this done privately do I lose my right to service dentistry?

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I've known quite a few people who've had their teeth sorted whilst serving via service means. Why don't you want the 'bog standard' brace? I thought they were very fashionable or is it that you are very self conscious?

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
A girl who works for me has had RAF brace work done and from what I recall her saying, she had a (small) choice as to brace fitments but the option to pay for a different brace was given.

Might be worth a chat with the Dental centre as to your options before you shell out unnecesarily.

he_who_dares_rodney

Flight Sergeant
A girl who works for me has had RAF brace work done and from what I recall her saying, she had a (small) choice as to brace fitments but the option to pay for a different brace was given.

Might be worth a chat with the Dental centre as to your options before you shell out unnecesarily.

Agree with this it's about £35 just to open the door to my dentist's waiting room
Don't pay if you can get it for free or a nominal fee

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
And by going private you are closing the door on another perk of the job. If they see a trend of people going private it shows a willingness to pay and therefore the governemt can withdraw that perk without too much fuss.

WTG....Crack on................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

rugby then work

Cider Drinker
A lad at my place had a brace fitted about a year ago and he did get some choice as to the type/colour etc. Best to speak to the dental centre before going off and paying for private treatment. I think you still need to go and have the work checked by the station dental centre anyway as the work needs to be recorded on your docs.