• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Prince Phillip

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
What are your memories of him?
Ever meet him?
Best Phil the Greek quote?

Me, at Finningley I stood at the bottom of the aircraft steps in white overalls once when he came down the steps never spoke just walked by making my Royal experience of prince Phillip a few brief silent seconds long.

fourteen2two

Corporal
I saw him at Wildenrath in 74. I was helping out in ground photo section and got to take his picture when he visited the Bloodhound site.
My late father ( RM band) served on the Royal Yacht , he said the Queen and Duke were great.

dctyke

Corporal
I was the harrier hide chief at the 75th aniversary at marham. Queen went one side to chat to the pilot and I got Philip . I took him and explained the various wpns and in doing so mentioned the 230 gal drop tanks, his reply was that surely should be in litres in the current age. I said straight off the cuff that I was old fashioned and as long as I was in charge it would be gallons, he laughed and said “I bet you like pints of beer” I replied I sure do. His aid de camp officer was grimicing at this point. I then made sure I introduced him to all of the team in the hide which also didn’t impress his aid de camp. Philip seemed a regular guy who genuinely wanted opinions from the lads.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
In a gazillion years I think I've met all the firm, except for Phillip. Little bit sorry about that to be honest.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I've met HM twice & Diana &, tbh, i would rather have met Phillip than Diana who I found to be a bit vacuous. HM was worth talking to both times & I think Phillip would have been as well. The closest I came to him was at my son's Gold DoE award ceremony some years ago. Bill Turnbull (then BBC Breakfast) did the actual presentation but Phillip then came in meet all the winners and was a tiggerish bundle of energy and jokes for the limited period of time he had. As he spoke to all of the students (in groups of around 12) they were all in stitches and he made their day.

RIP sir.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
With him gone it wouldn't surprise me if the Queen vacates the throne, after all while she has been Queen he has been by her side.