• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Prince 2

After any info on the Prince 2 Foundation and Practitioner course as am looking at the course fo resettlement in August, cheers

Yeah looked at that and at the training providers website, was really after peoples opinions and remarks about the course it self

B

billy bollox

I did it at Waddo last Nov, Its an intensive weeks course; 2 days practitioner with exam. If you pass that then you do 2 more days and then exam on Fri am. 3hr exam which was just long enough. This passed, gives you 5 years validity before you need to do a refresgher exam of an hour long. You're also placed on the Project Mgt awards list so people can check if your still current.
You'll need revision at night. Your retention of info and if you've done the prep stuff that the Course instructions give you will sort out how much revision each night, Mine was about 2-3 hrs.
I also got my boss to wrtie a good speel about using it in my current post (we actually do plan stuff!!) and I got my second AIP for it !!
Any more info, just drop me a line

gray

Sergeant
You can do the foundation course on DELC, but have to do the exam seperately.... might give you a bit of a head start if you've booked on the course already !

Gray

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
You can do the foundation course on DELC, but have to do the exam seperately.... might give you a bit of a head start if you've booked on the course already !

Gray

On the DLP now

C

craigh78

After any info on the Prince 2 Foundation and Practitioner course as am looking at the course fo resettlement in August, cheers

What about Firebrand Training? They have a 5 day Prince2 course. 2 days for Foundation Course and the rest for the Practitioner course.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I am looking at this as well, it would be interesting to hear of just what doors people have found to have been opened for them on leaving the mob with this Qualification.

Well found out today that I passed the Practitioner exam so first resettlement course done, ELC not wasted, bring on the next one

W

whitbycrab

Delc/dlp

Delc/dlp

Gray

You can do the same through the Defence Learning Portal, accessible via DII, if you can find a terminal.

Everyone bangs on about PRINCE2 but a mate of mine working in a project management role has never used it. The company that he works for has its own methodology, although he admits the course gave him a start.

Bitburger

England 2010 Campaign
1000+ Posts
You can do the same through the Defence Learning Portal, accessible via DII, if you can find a terminal.

Everyone bangs on about PRINCE2 but a mate of mine working in a project management role has never used it. The company that he works for has its own methodology, although he admits the course gave him a start.

PRINCE is used mainly in the public sector.

B

bsac

I am looking at this as well, it would be interesting to hear of just what doors people have found to have been opened for them on leaving the mob with this Qualification.

I have it but it my understanding is that it is mainly an IT Project Manager Qulification, with experience a good one it depends on which area of Project Management you want to do. It does not appear to be the MODs flavour of the month for Project Managers.

3wheeledtechie

Sergeant
Balls, its not IT related specifically. Its one project management methodology, and a good thing to have on the CV, but you'll probably never apply it to its fullest extent. For me the advantage is that I know the things I should consider in any of my projects, and if someone says write a product spec or we need an issue log, I dip into the book and see what they should contain. Outside of the UK no one's interested in it.