• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Prince 2

N

Notsoblunt

Speaking as an ex-member who recently left, now employed in civvy HR in a recruiting capacity, there is a general requirement amongst civvy project and contract companies for the "Prince 2" qualification. So, from that point of view, it is worth considering as one of your resettlement courses.

I didn't do it as one of mine, although a friend who did (and then also subsequently did the IAM diploma course) found it useful in getting a job on the outside.

Hope this helps.

I

irishlogster

Mates just done it in Civvy St and gained a 8 k pay rise outta it...

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
For the future

For the future

Looking towards getting some quals at the moment, probably in the HR arena and have looked into CIPD to get my foot in the door here. However, will getting a Prince 2 help in the wider employment world, ie away from project management?

Cheers

T

the 13th duke of wybourne

You could try the ISEB Diploma in Business System's Development, pays really well on "civvie" street.

N

Notsoblunt

Did he do it with Qanta and what is the IAM diploma? Institute of Advanced Management?

Don't know who he did it with, to be honest - and IAM + Institute of Admin Management.

Good luck with it all, matey.

N

Notsoblunt

Looking towards getting some quals at the moment, probably in the HR arena and have looked into CIPD to get my foot in the door here. However, will getting a Prince 2 help in the wider employment world, ie away from project management?

Cheers

Being ex-TG17 myself I was looking for the same thing, Busby - that is why I did the IAM Diploma and Advanced Diploma instead...... Much more civvy 'industry' orientated than the CIPD course, and both very worthwhile. Advanced Dip is difficult to attain though, in a condensed course.... but I managed it, so no reason why anybody else can't!

Good luck matey!