• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Press-up regression

Hi All,

I'm in the process of joining the RAF and have been putting some serious time in on the fitness side. Run = fine; sit-ups = fine. However, during the past week or so my ability to do press-ups seems to have disappeared. In the last two months I've gone from literally 0 up to 22 in a minute, so you can see that at the moment I've not got much room to spare.

Any hints/tips/reasons why I've hit a plateau and am regressing and what to do to get back on track?

Many thanks in advance.

N

NotAnIDOYet

Hi All,

I'm in the process of joining the RAF and have been putting some serious time in on the fitness side. Run = fine; sit-ups = fine. However, during the past week or so my ability to do press-ups seems to have disappeared. In the last two months I've gone from literally 0 up to 22 in a minute, so you can see that at the moment I've not got much room to spare.

Any hints/tips/reasons why I've hit a plateau and am regressing and what to do to get back on track?

Many thanks in advance.

Are you having rest days to allow muscle recovery?

Try working in sets, start with 10, 8, 6, 4 then a final set to failure

Thanks for the reply.

I've been doing this: http://www.hundredpushups.com/index.html

I have a day in between each workout for the given week and then two days before doing a max rep test. I've got up to week four (after having to repeat week 1 and then repeating week 3). And now I seem to be going backwards whilst repeating week 4.

Mag2grid

Corporal
I did that programme while I was at the Depot, if you've got a good standard of press up it works. You do need to give time for muscles to recover, also ensure you are getting enough protein to build/ repair your muscles or the programme will fall on its ass.

Mag2grid

Corporal
Not too much, if you do all you'll do is loose a lot of it when you urinate, unused excessive protein just gets filtered by the kidneys and dumped.