• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pre-Joining Fitness Test

Larwm

LAC
Hi!

I'm going for my First interview, Medical and Pre-Joining fitness test next week and i have to do 1.5 miles in under 12min 11sec on a treadmill.

Does anyone know what average speed i'd have to do, so that i can complete it in under 12 minutes?

Many Thanks

apologies if someone has answered this question in a previous thread.

M

monobrow

Speed = distance over time
Speed = distance over time​
Speed = 1.5 miles divided by 0.2 hours (12 mins divided by 60)
Speed = 2.414016Km (converted) divided by 0.2 hours​
Speed = 7.5 mph
Speed = 12km/h​

Hope this helps

Meathead

LAC
Hi!

I'm going for my First interview, Medical and Pre-Joining fitness test next week and i have to do 1.5 miles in under 12min 11sec on a treadmill.

Does anyone know what average speed i'd have to do, so that i can complete it in under 12 minutes?

Many Thanks

apologies if someone has answered this question in a previous thread.

you have the wrong end of the stick!

you wont be doing interview, medical and fitness test on the same day

they are 3 seperate events that will involve 3 visits

Last edited:

Larwm

LAC
I asked if i could do them all same day and the AFCO he'd try and fit me in, but he did say that he couldn't promise anything and to bring my kit incase. I'd like to prepare incase i get lucky!

Last edited:

AgentTiro

LAC
Meathead he only said he was doing them next week. Not in one day. It's true i doubt he'd do them all on the same day, but never know. Stranger things have happened

I did my AST, Interview, PJFT and Medical within 7 days.

Svenn

LAC
The gym instructor will set it all up for you, all you need to worry is staying on the machine.

Good luck

G

goldgeezer

Pjft

Pjft

We tell our gym to set the machine to 12.7 km/hr as most of the treadmills are in set in metric format. You need to achieve 2.4 km within the time allowed. This should bring you home about 11.30 ish depending on how quickly the machine spins up or how competant the instructor is. Good luck.

:pDT_Xtremez_14: