• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Powerboating qualifications - AT?

JPJ83

SAC
Does anyone know if any (tri-?) service sports clubs run any sort of powerboating courses? Or if it's possible to do these as AT?

I'm looking at going on courses for RYA powerboat quals, together with - eventually - basic coastal navigation / radio courses.

Has anyone done similar?

magic

LAC
Just finished one. I will pm you my number and will put you in contact with relevant person.

Try having a word with your local dive club, they can run/arrange boat handling courses (equivalent to RYA level 2 IIRC), think you need to be a BSAC member though.