• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Posting Policy - memory Fade!

radrob

Corporal
Hi All,
I'm having to write a document and need to know the name of the RAF posting policy/initiative that came out around 2009/2010 to move all the longest in post people around. Can anyone help please?
Regards
Rob

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I've been out some time now (Yipeeeeeeee), but does 'Project ZEUS' ring a bell?

Wonderful quotes in your sig by the way....

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
You beat me to it RJL.

A complete waste of time - its always been about filling unpopular vacancies with promotees.

I lost count of how many newly promoted NCOs were posted to 2MT Sqn, only to get away at the earliest opportunity. So much so, that a special leaflet was written into the AP to change the policy to 3yrs minimum tour length.

Last edited:

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
To be fair to Manning though they have given me the postings and dets I wanted but that's because I would sort certain issues for them by going to these locations especially being an Ex-3. They have been good to me. The postings though were what I wanted and in no way benefited my career.

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Only when it suits the fukker on the desk. Try springing some of the Lincolnshire RAF out of their posts and you'll see "Career Management" at it's best.

RAF Career Management - a complete myth at anything below Sgt. I can't count the number of times I heard the Desk come out with such bile as 'there aren't any vacant posts right now, the only posts coming up in the next 12 months are at x/y/z...' - only to find out through the grapevine that several people have been told the opposite by the same Desk Sgt!

Manning will tell you whatever they need to, in order to get people into the posts that nobody wants.

mild mannered janitor

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Only when it suits the fukker on the desk. Try springing some of the Lincolnshire RAF out of their posts and you'll see "Career Management" at it's best.

After i got booted with compulsory redundancy just after the wife got posted to waddo, at which time the RAF said tough luck you and your son stay at lossie until discharge (no co location) and then its up to you to move south on your own.

The RAF can feck right off, we have bought a house here and as part of the NEM (buy a house where you are) we are NOT moving.