• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Plumbers please read

G

gemarriott

Fellow plumbers, and anybody else who reads this, if you are not a member of the RAFarmourers site you may not be aware of the following. Posted by CD site admin. Please read and pop over to the plumbers site and drop a message for John if you have a moment.

RAF Armourers Appeal
Posted by Admin on Friday, December 01, 2006 (17:49:06) (15 reads)

****READ THIS****
As the person responsible for the RAF Armourers website, I have been asked to pass on the following information and I sincerely hope that you will respond to.

As you may know, John Longstaff (Sgt on II(AC)Sqn at Marham, also known as Johnny Longpants) was diagnosed with having leukaemia.

Having been through numerous medical procedures, he was responding well to the medication being given, and was due for a stem cell transplant. This operation being required in order to prevent the leukaemia taking hold again. Unfortunately, the leukaemia did take hold.

John did not respond to further treatment, and as such he has been given a short number of months in which to live.

I have been informed that John is keeping in good spirits.

This is where you can help. John's plight has had an affect on many of those who know him, and as such a fund has been setup in order to make life a little more comfortable for John and his family. A number of generous donations have already been received from the armament community, and I urge you to dig deep and help as much as you can.

FUND DETAILS

Cheques:

please make out to: Service Funds RAF Marham

Please annotate on the back of the cheque: John Longstaff fund, account 200660

P.O.'s and cash also very much appreciated.

Please send any donations to the OIC/Treasurer of the fund:

Sgt Scott
WPNS Desk
IX(B) SQN
RAF Marham
King's Lynn
Norfolk

Additionally to the deputy:

Cpl Tom Sawyer
EOD Cell
RAF Marham​
e​

W

wgaf

Gem, any chance of an update on his condition? I know it wasn't looking good recently.

G

gemarriott

Gem, any chance of an update on his condition? I know it wasn't looking good recently.

Not too bright at all I am afraid. He apparently remains the lad he was but unfortunately it seems inevitable that we will be gathering soon. He is only having family and one or two close friends visit.

This really is something difficult to deal with and it is a mark of the man that he is handling things better than a lot of his friends. I personally don't know John but to generate such a depth of feeling he has to be asmashing lad.

G

gemarriott

Sad News

Sad News

It is with great sorrow that I have to inform you all that Johnny Longpants Longstaff passed peacefully away in his sleep in the wee small hours of Dec 23

Our prayers and thoughts are with
Yvonne, Jessica and Beth and the rest of his family,

RIP Johnny

M

monobrow

Well at our Chrimble Draw we held a small charity auction for the fund.......

approx £250 in the pot and about £1000 for the auction. (a certain wing co even bought some sprouts for £40!!!)

No amount of cash could possibly equate to someones life but at least it will help the family.

RIP Johnny

G

gemarriott

Well at our Chrimble Draw we held a small charity auction for the fund.......

approx £250 in the pot and about £1000 for the auction. (a certain wing co even bought some sprouts for £40!!!)

No amount of cash could possibly equate to someones life but at least it will help the family.

RIP Johnny

that is fantastic mate, thanks very much to all involved.

fat lazy techie

Flight Sergeant
One of our ex lads, who has just recently gone to II(AC), returned for his leaving do and just asked for the collection to remain as such and no prezzie to purchased. It wasn't untill after the speech that he revealed his motive and I'm pretty sure the collection increased, well I know one person gave a lump of the cash from the wallet won at our crimbo draw which was held at the same time (killing two birds with one stone). I can never say I knew the man but what was said about him on Wednesday night said all that was needed. Sounds like a top bloke who will be sorely missed by all.

RIP

G

gemarriott

John Longstaff - Funeral Arrangements.

The funeral service for John will take place on Fri 5th Jan 07 at 14:00 in St George's Church, RAF Marham; followed by the burial in the Commonwealth War Grave Cemetery in Marham village. After the burial it is planned to hold a wake in the WO & Sgts' Mess.

Yvonne has asked that no flowers be sent and instead donations to Shouldham Ward at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, King's Lynn would be greatly appreciated. A collection will be made during the service and the proceeds will be forwarded to Shouldham Ward.

The policy line is Service personnel are to wear No1 Dress with medals; Officers, gloves and black arm bands, but I'm sure that the most important bit is that you get there if you can.

There is a limited amount of Service accommodation available, but the various mess' will not be open until the new year and I'm sure will be allocated on a first come first served basis.

Should you require further information please contact me at "tomthompson_uk@yahoo.co.uk" or from next Wednesday 3rd Jan 07 at work on 01760 337261 Ext 3512.

Finally, I hope to put a book together for Yvonne and the girls of Johns exploits both large and small. Any short stories that you wish to pen up and send along with any pictures you have would be gratefully received.

Please pass this information on to all, if anyone can put it onto e-goat I'd appreciate it. Hope to see a lot of you next Friday, in the mean time have a great New Year.

Tom Thompson.

MattBombHead

Sergeant
Off Topic

A quick note to serving members, JR accomodation is VERY limited at Marham, so get in quick if you want a transit room for the funeral.

Matt

G

gemarriott

anyone with floorspace etc to offer for people to kip after the funeral feel free to advertise it here.

we all woukld like to see John get the see off he desrves