• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Planet Rock Rockblok..........

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katinthehat

Had to post this - was so chuffed!

Did anybody hear the Rockblock on Saturday night (6 - 7pm) on Planet Rock??

It was MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woooooo!!!
Fame at last!!!!!

Sorry - just wanted to say - something to smile about (and they are in short supply these days!!!)

TrenchardsLoveSock

Flight Sergeant
Sorry, never heard Planet Rock (no DAB and the satellite seems to be stuck on Nicktoons).

Had a look at their website but they don't give track listings for previous Rockblocks, what did you pick?

K

katinthehat

Cant remember all of them - but a few I do were the likes of
Graham Bonnett - Night Games
The Who - Behind Blue Eyes
Thunder - Love Walked In
Rainbow - All Night Long

God! Memory like a sieve now!!
Was just good to hear them.
I am easily pleased like that!

TrenchardsLoveSock

Flight Sergeant
Cant remember all of them - but a few I do were the likes of
Graham Bonnett - Night Games
The Who - Behind Blue Eyes
Thunder - Love Walked In
Rainbow - All Night Long

God! Memory like a sieve now!!
Was just good to hear them.
I am easily pleased like that!

Ahh, Thunder! I saw them when they played Aylesbury Civic Centre in 1991(?). Kinda cheesy but they put on a good' solid show.

Can't say the same for the support act though (some Skandanavian hippy with a God complex).

K

katinthehat

Ahh, Thunder! I saw them when they played Aylesbury Civic Centre in 1991(?). Kinda cheesy but they put on a good' solid show.

Can't say the same for the support act though (some Skandanavian hippy with a God complex).

Now there is a band I want to see - my daughter has asked to go and see them, so hopefully I will manage to do that on their next time round - just missed them this year I believe.
However Aerosmith are playing Hyde Park in June I think - that may be worth a trip!!!

TrenchardsLoveSock

Flight Sergeant
Now there is a band I want to see - my daughter has asked to go and see them, so hopefully I will manage to do that on their next time round - just missed them this year I believe.

Bloody hell, they're still doing the rounds then.

Although, saying that, I was flicking through a music magazine the other day and the gigs list looked almost identical to the ones in the back of Kerrang 15 years ago! The Almighty, Saxon, Kreator fecking loads of old crusties back on the road again.

I wonder if they have colostomy bag roadies?:pDT_Xtremez_34:

K

katinthehat

Bloody hell, they're still doing the rounds then.

Although, saying that, I was flicking through a music magazine the other day and the gigs list looked almost identical to the ones in the back of Kerrang 15 years ago! The Almighty, Saxon, Kreator fecking loads of old crusties back on the road again.

I wonder if they have colostomy bag roadies?:pDT_Xtremez_34:

Well lets face it - if the Police can reform after all this time - we have had Duran Duran reform, and many others.
Know the worst one Ive heard of lately?
The Jam - but only with Bruce Foxton & Rick Butler - no Mr Weller!! They are touring in the Spring!!!! Now that isnt on!!!

K

katinthehat

Thunder ? poor mans Whitesnake ! Danny Bowes is ALMOST as Good as David Coverdale, but not quite.

Think the two can be equally appreciated simultaneously.
Certainly like the two - guess because my daughter hasnt asked to see Whitesnake though, I never thought about it! She is my mini-rock chick and has a great taste in music and people! Savvy kid for 10!!

TrenchardsLoveSock

Flight Sergeant
Thunder ? poor mans Whitesnake ! Danny Bowes is ALMOST as Good as David Coverdale, but not quite.

Thunder had two distinct advantages:

1. They didn't take themselves seriously and always seemed slightly surprised and very happy to not still be on the pub circuit.

2. I couldn't go and see Whitesnake for £3 and £1.20 bus fare!:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Think the two can be equally appreciated simultaneously.
Certainly like the two - guess because my daughter hasnt asked to see Whitesnake though, I never thought about it! She is my mini-rock chick and has a great taste in music and people! Savvy kid for 10!!

Sorry kat, Coverdale is God. Greatest rock voice ever. :pDT_Xtremez_30:

MingMong

Warrant Officer
I saw Thunder on their tour late last year (my 7th time seeing them) and they are still a great live rock band. They are still recording albums too, If i remember correctly, their release last year was their 8th studio album.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Thunder have a website here with full discography. I have their first two albums and have to say I love the unplugged version of "Dirty Love"

K

katinthehat

Bought a copy of the album Back Street Symphony on tape (God! Remember the days??) so I could blast it out in the car. Hooked ever since! And I was a delicate 20yr old at the time! Nothing much changes - except maybe my hair!!!!!!!
Enjoyed reading the stuff on the Planet Rock website too -that made amusing reading!!!
And there just happens to be my fave track of theirs on that album too - although my daughter prefers another that she says refers to her - which is scary baring in mind her age!!!! (10 going on 20!!!)
And SB - wont disagree about the wonders of said Mr C's voice - happens to be him blaring in my car at the mo - alternates with some great stuff Ive got lately - likes of Kix, Firehouse, Dokken.... and the best thing ever to transport me back to my heyday - Y&T!!!!!!! Oh and some great Cinderella & Queensryche stuff that Ive managed to get given!!!!

S

scaleywife

I too have seen Thunder live... I don't remember much about it! Was at Donnington when Iron Maidenwere headlining. I only went to see Skid Row anyway. (should point out that I missed The Iron completely as I was asleep in the car-park, fireworks were good though and saved me from a long walk back to Harrogate)0

Was very confused when Thunder came on to 'Thunderstruck' but was wasted so it is understandable!! (and, yes I am also blonde)

Have chilled out in my middle years though and now listen to mostly middle of the road pap.... sorry folks

Last edited:
K

katinthehat

See Thunders new tour dates are out for this year - hoping to get tickets to see them in Sheffield on Dec 3rd, as an aerly birthday prezzy!!!!
Be beyond a dream if I do!!!

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
And SB - wont disagree about the wonders of said Mr C's voice - happens to be him blaring in my car at the mo - alternates with some great stuff Ive got lately - likes of Kix, Firehouse, Dokken.... and the best thing ever to transport me back to my heyday - Y&T!!!!!!! Oh and some great Cinderella & Queensryche stuff that Ive managed to get given!!!!

Mr C, no need to be so formal kat, God will suffice :pDT_Xtremez_31:

Firehouse, German band with one hell of a singer, what a range

Rock rules everything else is commercial sh1te :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Recently started listening to the Stereophonics. Good band, shame Kelly Jones feels the need to English bash so much.

Last edited:
K

katinthehat

SB - I dont know if you have heard anything by Nightwish - its rock, but different. The female vocalist has an amazing voice!!
Check them out if you have not heard them - worth the effort!!!

M

monobrow

SB - I dont know if you have heard anything by Nightwish - its rock, but different. The female vocalist has an amazing voice!!
Check them out if you have not heard them - worth the effort!!!

I do like a bit of Nightwish... Fine blend of operatic vocals and metal.

K

katinthehat

Along the same vein Mono - you heard much by Stratovarius??
Excellent stuff!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.