• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pjft

T

tridgway

Been practicing my 1.5 mile run, got it down to 10 mins 17 secs. Wreckon I could do it alot faster if I pushed myself to my limit. Does it matter how fast you do it in the actual pjft or does it just have to be within the 12 mins?
Will it benefit me in anyway to run it my hardest in the pjft?

G

gemarriott

the benefit you'll get is in your head mate, You'll know you gave your best and then in future you'll try to beat it.

S

Stu-Fowler

You should give it best effort, A good time will give them a good idea how fit you really are ect. You should be sick at the end of a 1.5m run ;)

K

koppas

When did the PJFT come into place? I signed up in 2003 and there wasn't one of these - nor the 2 days at Halton. I am in the process of signing back up so I have all this to come but was kinda suprised when I was told about it tbh.

Y

Yorkshire_Gal

When did the PJFT come into place? I signed up in 2003 and there wasn't one of these - nor the 2 days at Halton. I am in the process of signing back up so I have all this to come but was kinda suprised when I was told about it tbh.

I'm the same. I'm joining back up and I never had anything like this when I first signed up in 2001.
Apparently they had a lot of recruits lying about there fitness ability who then struggled once they got to recruit training so they brought in the pjft.

S

Stu-Fowler

I Had 3 days at Honington for mine,Really enjoyed it I could'nt imagine joining up without actually doing the PGAC. and getting a little insight into it all.

J

Jamie.

i was told to pass it there or thereabouts, all the results go forward appareantly and u may be pushed harder if u do alot more, (might be total rubbish)

i got 11.10 and i forget how many pressups and sit ups u need to do!

as long as u pass it then ur good!

P

Portcullis

PJFT has been going for about a year. It is a coarse filter to sift out those who are not taking the physical side of the training seriously.

Pre Recruit Training Course (PRTC) has been going for about the same amount of time. Unlike the RAF Regt PGAC it is not part of the selection process. It introduces the candidate to RTS, they get to see the barrack blocks, experience a night in a 14 man room, attempt a fitness test (not pass or fail at this stage), get some guidance on how to prepare and get a pair of boots to break in. It should be done about 6 weeks prior to the start of RTS, but owing to the shortened recruiting system to meet the surge in manpower this is being reduced for some to as little as 6 days!

A few reasons for the course: It stops recruits travelling all the way to Halton, only to refuse to attest, it reduces the amount of superfluous kit that won't fit in the civvy locker and ends up in store for 9 weeks, it reduces the shock of the first night in a dormitory style room, and the fit test, healty lifestyle brief and the chance to slowly break in boots reduces injury.

Apart from that, RTS will seem spookily familiar to the one you did some years ago!:pDT_Xtremez_15: