• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PJFT Waiver

P

PotentialMental

Hi, Im just curious as to what exactly the 'waiver' means and whether anyone has actually had this granted?

When I asked about this at my afco, he said it is something that they have never used and would only be used it acceptional circumstances i.e ''your shoe fell of while you were running''.....is this the case?

Im so annoyed with myself I done my pjft today and only got to 2.20km in the allocated time allowed. Im very aware i need to go away and work on my fitness.

Im just wanting to find out should I run my next time within the waiver should anything happen. I usually always run it in the waiver time, just struggling at the moment to get it within the 'pass' time.

Any thoughts??

PM

Y

Yidmister

Let me just confirm something for you. You get 2 chances at passing your fitness or PJFT as it known. If you fail the second attempt your careers office might have the option to give you a 3 attempt if they feel there a just reason for you to have another go. To do this they need to apply for what is called a "waiver". This allows them to give you a 3rd chance. As you said this is only given for special reasons which the AFCO will have to make clear to the person who will authorise the "waiver". Hope this clears a few things up for you.

P

PotentialMental

Hi, thankyou for your reply. However the bit I am refering to is :http://www.raf.mod.uk/careers/nextsteps/airmen_airwomen_pjft.cfm.

I may misunderstood you. The way I have interpreted this is that the waiver constitutes you passing 80% of the fitness test. So my question is If I recruits do it within the 'waiver' time does this get taken into account.

Or have i read it wrong and infact what your saying is correct?

Many thanks, PM

Y

Yidmister

If you take the PJFT and get a time within the 80% bracket then your AFCO may apply for a waiver, this will only be asked for if they feel there is a good enough reason to apply for it. The best option is to forget the waiver and just achieve the required time to be honest. If you did ever get in the RAF via a PJFT waiver I would guess you would really struggle at RAF Halton and your basic training.

P

PotentialMental

Ok fair do's I just wanted clarification on what it was, now I know.

PM

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
AFCO Waivers

AFCO Waivers

Waivers tend to get used for people who are exceptional in all other aspects and just cannot reach the required level in one area. So if you've not shone too brightly in all other areas then you've not got a good case for a waiver at any part of the selection process.

As yid said above if you cannot get to the pass rate, which already appears to be below what the RAF consider to be acceptable, you will really struggle at Halton. It's probably better if you get fit before you join rather than having an extra problem to deal with during Halton.

Good Luck, and some running in

P

PotentialMental

Thankyou for your input...Iv managed to find myself a running partner which I think will help greatly.

I do not have a prob with the press-ups or sit ups its just the running (Unless its sprinting haha), I seem to be just outside the time more than Im in it. My fitness levels just seem to be taking ages to improve...so frustrating...I can assure you its not for lack of trying.

PM :pDT_Xtremez_26: