• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PJFT Query

L

lee_cufc

Evening all,

Quick question if anyone can help? I have my PJFT next week and have been working hard towards it, I’ve been doing the 1.5 mile run on the treadmill trying to simulate the actual test day as closely as I can.

Was just wondering how the run will work on the actual test? will there be a period of warm up and will the instructor set the timings etc? will the speed be set constant to get the time required or would I be able to control it and build it up gradually etc?

Any advice would be most appreciated; I’ve tried searching the forum but couldn’t find the answer anywhere

Cheers
Lee

S

Sullster

I think its dependent where you do you PJFT. When I did mine I arrived early so I had a little warm up on the bikes.

I met my instructor and he said he would set the machine. I had previously been running on mph treadmills and these were kph. The instructor told me what pace he would set it at to pass and I asked for it higher to equate to what I usually run at (9mph). I was told I could adjust the speed accordingly during the test. I was going to raise the speed near the end for a better time but knowing my luck I would of pressed the stop button. After that I did my best effort push-ups and sit-ups on a mat.

Hope this helps.

Dan

J

jonny_5

It was very relaxed when I took my PJFT, the instructor let me do whatever I wanted to warm up (I did my usal stretches and a 2 minute run). When it came to the test he advised me on what speed to set the treadmill at, but I set it a bit higher just to be on the safe side.

You shouldn't find it too hard if you have put some training in
icon14.gif

L

lee_cufc

Thanks for the advice guys, had my PJFT yesterday and passed no problem, as you said it was pretty relaxed, the trainer at the gym was great and really encouraged and helped me through each stage, i'd done the test on my own a few times to practice but i found it easiest in the actual thing, suppose it was a mixture of adrenaline on the day and all my training paying off aswell as the the trainer coaching me through it.

Thanks again, on to the next stage now, can't wait!