• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Phantoms

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer
First half of that vid (23 Sqn FGR2s out of Wattisham intercepting the Badger) is most likely taken from an old RAF Recruting Film 'Intercept' which covered all of the trades that were involved in RAF air defence in the late 1970's / early 1980's (covered the Phantom, Victor Tanker, Shack, Bloodhound, Rapier and the old UKADGE radar site with T84/85 radar (filmed at Boulmer, as the OC of my block in trade training was the Duty System Engineer in the R12 on the film). The 'Russians' in the film are actually at Marham, as the 'Badger' cockpit is in fact the office of Vickers Valiant WD818, which was a gate guard at Marham at the time (its now in the new Cold War museum at Cosford).

Y

Yossarian

MainJafad,

Has anyone ever pointed out the big spelling mistake in your signature?

If you're going to print it in large font and in red, at least spell it right?

"I THOUGHT it was a frog"

Just thought after all this time someone would have noticed.

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer
MainJafad,

Has anyone ever pointed out the big spelling mistake in your signature?

If you're going to print it in large font and in red, at least spell it right?

"I THOUGHT it was a frog"

Just thought after all this time someone would have noticed.

No I hadn't, Damm auto spell checker on word and a dicky keyboard when I did it, thats what cutting and pasting can do. cheers.

Last edited:
G

gemarriott

yes definately singeing chickens and not the mighty red eagles, but it is Wattisham Q shed, I knew it well:pDT_Xtremez_14:

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer
Sorry to disagree, but I can proudly say they are "Firebirds" (56 Sqn)

Opps, I should know better, of course they are 'Firebird' kites. that will teach me not post at 2AM, but I was right about it being at Watashambles. FGR2's at the end were from 41 Sqn (as stated, I should know Phantom Sqn markings)

Last edited:
A

Almost_done

As an old 'tomb liney that was a nice clip to see, ty Fomz for reminding me what a great life we used to have.