• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pgsc

B

beckstiger

Hi to you all.

I will start by saying a very big thank you to the users of this forum.

I am new here but I have already got a lot of information about the RAF, especially the Regiment Gunners that I am in the process of joining.

I have recently passed the Interview, Medical and PJFT for the Regiment Gunners. My PGSC is in early August.

The problem is I can't swim. Apart from swimming, I am in very good shape. I have done the london marathon in exactly 3 hours and recently ran a 10k in 37 min.
I am a pro boxer and always in the gym or on the road!

I have been told that swimming is part of the Potential Gunner Selection Course. I have also been told that it is not actually part of the test!

If I do well on other departments, can I pass the PGSC and get selected for TG even if I can't swim? What are my chances?

I have started to learn how to swim and will try to be a good swimmer before the PGSC.
Any advice would help. Thanks,

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Not recent I'm afraid.

Not recent I'm afraid.

Last I heard the swimming was an assessment rather than a pass/fail element, so unless you swim like a brick you should be okay.

You will learn to swim during your TG cse but there's no harm starting now, just try not to drown.

B

beckstiger

Thanks,

Thanks,

Thanks for the information. My worry was that my chances of getting selected for the TG course could be affected by swimming ability, or lack of it!
I have started to learn already and hope to be ok before the PGSC in August.