• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pets/Mascots on Tour/Det

Sniffer

Super Moderator
I'm just looking for a bit of a consensus with regards to people "adopting" and "petting" feral animals whilst on tour/det sandyside. I know what my opinion is of people who do this, I am just curious what other people think.

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
We had a pet spider in Iraq but we where pretty brutal to it. Used to put it in fights against other insects.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
It'll end in tears. I remember one of the bell-ends during my time at Camp Rudolph in Kosovo taking a feral cat in to the camp. Until it scratched him good and proper across his face! The cat was last seen thrown into the 'minefield' at the back of us........

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
Seem to remember a Pet Cemetary near the block out in Kuwait - most pets were called Nexter (next to die) and too many fekkin cats at MPA - taught the Timmy Cat to squat in the Flt Sgts In Tray which was good as that's where the guys used to put his clean laundry if he was out of the office

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
and too many fekkin cats at MPA - taught the Timmy Cat to squat in the Flt Sgts In Tray which was good as that's where the guys used to put his clean laundry if he was out of the office
Was it named 'Whoosh' by any chance? That little f*cker went around the Timmy building, ****ting everywhere one night as I had *ahem* forgot to shut one of the internal doors on lock up......

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
There was a girl at Colt who paid thousands to have a feral bitch innoculated, wormed, treated and shipped to the UK after one of her dets with the Jags to Gioia in the mid-90s. The dog lived to a ripe old age.

Then again, there were the pack of Feral dogs who used to roam around the blocks at Ali Al Salem. One day on my way to work, they got a bit close and a bit too fierce for my liking - fortunately there were a couple of rock officers passing in a landrover. One asks me if the dogs were causing a problem. "Of Course" was my reply, mindful of the amount of teeth, bile and froth that had been visible a few minutes earlier.

Later that day, I saw the same two rocks throwing numerous dead dogs onto the back of a truck, having cured the feral dog issue in the space of a couple of hours.

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek
Was it named 'Whoosh' by any chance? That little f*cker went around the Timmy building, ****ting everywhere one night as I had *ahem* forgot to shut one of the internal doors on lock up......
That'll be the fat fcuker

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
There was a girl at Colt who paid thousands to have a feral bitch innoculated, wormed, treated and shipped to the UK after one of her dets with the Jags to Gioia in the mid-90s. The dog lived to a ripe old age.

Then again, there were the pack of Feral dogs who used to roam around the blocks at Ali Al Salem. One day on my way to work, they got a bit close and a bit too fierce for my liking - fortunately there were a couple of rock officers passing in a landrover. One asks me if the dogs were causing a problem. "Of Course" was my reply, mindful of the amount of teeth, bile and froth that had been visible a few minutes earlier.

Later that day, I saw the same two rocks throwing numerous dead dogs onto the back of a truck, having cured the feral dog issue in the space of a couple of hours.

I remember being on guard at Ali Al and being told we had permission to shoot the feral dogs if we felt threatened. That's the most vigilant I've ever been on guard as bloodlust seemed to take over. I still didn't see any and I've a feeling my bravado would have been over taken by compassion for the fluffy wuffy doggy anyway, unless it was charging me like some sort of furry crocodile.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
We had a 'pet' scorpion called Geoff (no idea why he was called that) that lived under the Ops Shack in Balad... We fed it bits of spam etc and it left you alone when sunning yourself outside... Everyone was a winner.