• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Petition to make our Pensions Tax Free like other public services.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
It is very poorly written.

What about those that did more than 22 years?

What about those that did fewer than 22 years that claim when they hit 60?

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The only tax-free pension I've ever heard of was the war pension my father-in-law used to get - he was invalided out of the Navy due to being injured in Korea.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
A tax free pension would be nice... but I can't see a compelling argument put forward.

Not signed.

vmv2

LAC
Petition is a waste of time. The only pensions which are tax-free are medical ones. For every other pension, the tax man takes his cut.

In general, these bleats asking for special treatment for those of us who wore the uniform are starting to grate with me. We all joined voluntarily; most of enjoyed our time; for the most part, we were quite well paid and for those of us who stayed for more than 22, the pension is quite generous.

Remember the mantra when we were serving - stop whinging, man up and get on with it.

End of rant.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Yeah, should have researched it more than **** all before posting up bollocks. Apologies all.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
IMHO this petition has been written by someone that hasn't got a clue how pensions work.