• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pensions and getting divorced

F

Firemagi

Hi all..

First time posting here, normally spend my time on Arrse. Please excuse if I have this thread in teh wrong forum and mods please move if you need to.

I am getting divorced and need details of my pension.. I sent a letter to the only contact details i could find online for PMA Innsworth a month ago and so far have had nothing back (and I know how slow the wheels grind, before anyone says...).

Does anyone here have the details of the department that I would need to contact please?

M

mad_mo

Out of curiosty, why do you need details of your pension in regards to your divorce?. Please PM me if you wish.

Y

Yossarian

^^ Because wifey is entitled to half of a servicemans pension.

Boomerang

LAC
I went thro this 6 years ago.....and I was panicing as I thought the missus would be entitled to 50% of my pension. That is utter rubbish.......what she is entitled to is the percentage of your pension with respect to how many years service you have done.................If you got married 10 years after joining then shes not entitled to that portion of your pension.

And she's not allowed to draw that portion of the pension until you do. What put the frighteners on me was what I thought........massive bank loan to cover the amount she was due......DONT WORRY as that can't happen...........she will get her money when you get it. If you want to wait until 65 then she waits aswell.

Those were the words from the Dept at PMA who handle these matters (Whose address/Number I don't have) They were very helpful......For Once!!

M

mad_mo

I went thro this 6 years ago.....and I was panicing as I thought the missus would be entitled to 50% of my pension. That is utter rubbish.......what she is entitled to is the percentage of your pension with respect to how many years service you have done

Bang on Boomerang!. I advised FM to a similar effect to yours via PM.

SORRY CJ

Flight Sergeant
I went thro this 6 years ago.....and I was panicing as I thought the missus would be entitled to 50% of my pension. That is utter rubbish.......what she is entitled to is the percentage of your pension with respect to how many years service you have done.................If you got married 10 years after joining then shes not entitled to that portion of your pension.

And she's not allowed to draw that portion of the pension until you do. What put the frighteners on me was what I thought........massive bank loan to cover the amount she was due......DONT WORRY as that can't happen...........she will get her money when you get it. If you want to wait until 65 then she waits aswell.

Those were the words from the Dept at PMA who handle these matters (Whose address/Number I don't have) They were very helpful......For Once!!

Like what he said. However, I decided to pay her off to get her off my back. Clean slate and all that.

Hope This Helps?

SCJ

F

Firemagi

Thanks to all for answers, especially MM via PM..

Still could do with some contact details for the right dept at PMC as my solicitor is getting on my back about it now..

Hu Jardon

GEM is a cheeky young fek

rugby then work

Cider Drinker
I phoned JPAC and they gave me an address to write to in Glasgow, I got the statement back about 4 weeks later. Be careful you don't lose it as if you want a second print out it'll cost you £150.

fatbaldchief

Corporal
Like what he said. However, I decided to pay her off to get her off my back. Clean slate and all that.

Hope This Helps?

SCJ

I did the same. Cost a few bob with a loan but keeps her off my back forever!
Clean break is best way then you can get on with your life, only drawback is you have a big loan for a few years and future partners have to be very understanding!

M

mumof4

Now ive been reading this with interest....i know that when we get divorced i would be entitled to some of his pension..but ive already told him i dont want any as he worked for it not me.....He cant be made to give it to me can he?..I wouldnt feel right taking it.I dont want any of it.He will be giving me some of his lump sum and that is enough for me...i dont want anything else.

sorry if off topic a wee bit but not sure where to ask a q like this...and yes he knows ive asked.

M

mad_mo

When I was divorced my ex's idiot solicitor tryed to bluff me on numerous occassions regarding financial matters.

Dont be intimidated by their posh waffle on letters they send you. The letters were a added bonus to my recycling bag!. At the end of the day it's the Court that resolve the matrimonial assets and financial matters including the value of retirement benefits of any pension arrangements held between the parties.

SORRY CJ

Flight Sergeant
Now ive been reading this with interest....i know that when we get divorced i would be entitled to some of his pension..but ive already told him i dont want any as he worked for it not me.....He cant be made to give it to me can he?..I wouldnt feel right taking it.I dont want any of it.He will be giving me some of his lump sum and that is enough for me...i dont want anything else.

sorry if off topic a wee bit but not sure where to ask a q like this...and yes he knows ive asked.

The problem you would have MoF, would be that the briefs and your mates (obviously not saying that they would) get involved and thats a bad thing if you want it to stay amicable.
The Bitch always said that she didn't want anything from me and she would even give me some the ££££££££ back if the CSA got involved.

1. She did (back stabbing sl@gs involved).
2. She didn't, when they did.

So now after paying through the teeth since 1999, it has finally come to the end. YIPPIE!!!!!!

Sorry this is off topic.

Anyway

Hope This Helps

SCJ

M

mumof4

Off Topic ..we dont have the csa involved and wont do..i hate the buggers as much as the next person and one thing i do have is a mind of my own..everything has been amicable and will stay that way..has to for the kids sake.Financially he pays his share for the kids which is no more than if we were still together and we both agreed to that...fraid im not a money seeking ex.I dont want any of his pension...hes earnt it not me.Dont care what the law might say..they cant make me take it..if i dont feel im not entitled to it then i wont take it.Ive dealt with solicitors before and ive not been budged by them when ive felt what i have decided is right no matter what they or friends may say and my friends know better than to try and change my mind once made up.I do feel sorry for those that do get taken to the cleaners by some women..puts a bad light on us all..but we are not all like that.Off Topic

Sorry for going off topic yet again.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I phoned JPAC and they gave me an address to write to in Glasgow, I got the statement back about 4 weeks later. Be careful you don't lose it as if you want a second print out it'll cost you £150.

Must be some special ink to cost that much...how can they justify that amount? Even if it took a person a whole day to type your details in and press 'Print' then shove it in an envelope, frank it and walk it to the 'mail out' tray I doubt that persons wage comes to more than 80 quid for the period...

wankers

F

Firemagi

When I was divorced my ex's idiot solicitor tryed to bluff me on numerous occassions regarding financial matters.

Dont be intimidated by their posh waffle on letters they send you. The letters were a added bonus to my recycling bag!. At the end of the day it's the Court that resolve the matrimonial assets and financial matters including the value of retirement benefits of any pension arrangements held between the parties.

MM

I'm not worried at all by her sols waffle.. I'm ex civvy plod and have proved to them already that they can not intimidate me.. Amazing what mentioning the word 'malfeasence' [sp] can do (same set of sols acting for sale of the house as handling the ex's side of the divorce).

Just waiting now for the latest round of letters to go through as me and ex are still talking openly to each other and she is witholding info from her sols.. My sol is loving it, mentioned something about lending them a JCB so they can dig their hole a bit quicker.. Hehe

Thanks again for the address MM.

Open offer to anyone here.. If anyone is going through the same and wants to chat I'm only a PM away.

SORRY CJ

Flight Sergeant
Off Topic ..we dont have the csa involved and wont do..i hate the buggers as much as the next person and one thing i do have is a mind of my own..everything has been amicable and will stay that way..has to for the kids sake.Financially he pays his share for the kids which is no more than if we were still together and we both agreed to that...fraid im not a money seeking ex.I dont want any of his pension...hes earnt it not me.Dont care what the law might say..they cant make me take it..if i dont feel im not entitled to it then i wont take it.Ive dealt with solicitors before and ive not been budged by them when ive felt what i have decided is right no matter what they or friends may say and my friends know better than to try and change my mind once made up.I do feel sorry for those that do get taken to the cleaners by some women..puts a bad light on us all..but we are not all like that.Off Topic

Sorry for going off topic yet again.

Good for you.

SCJ