• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pension rise at 55

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
OK lets say hypothetically I was 55 in 6 weeks time. How soon before that date would you expect to be informed of any changes to the amount you recieve?

needsabiggerfuse

Flight Sergeant
IIRC it was about a month before the change came through. My original pension, before reduction for commutation, was increased by 48.83% (Nice!!!). The folks at SVPA are very helpful on giving you advice about this.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Then in a few short years i will look forwards to giving away another 40% of my pension increase to a thieving lying, useless government, so that they can pi$s it all up to wall on whatever whim takes their fancy in order to secure them votes.

topstop

Corporal
IIRC it was about a month before the change came through. My original pension, before reduction for commutation, was increased by 48.83% (Nice!!!). The folks at SVPA are very helpful on giving you advice about this.

49.04% last Sept ended up with 2.5 x what I was getting before.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Phoned the nice people at xafinity paymaster this morning to be informed that they will send me written details of my personal increase within 10 days, they also confirmed that the 2012 rise is 5.2%. Result

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Phoned the nice people at xafinity paymaster this morning to be informed that they will send me written details of my personal increase within 10 days, they also confirmed that the 2012 rise is 5.2%. Result

Just received a letter this morning informing me of what I will be getting tomorrow and how much ill get from the 18th of next month. Very efficient.