• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pension reduction of £500

sulky

SAC
So I have just checked my bank and my pension has gone in, but is £500 less than what it should be. Not really an issue for some but as it is a cpl pension it has pretty much wiped it out. I have been out of the mob since jan 2020 and the last 9 payments have been fine. Anyone got any ideas.

I also work abroad so don’t pay tax so that isn’t the reason.

I’ll call Jpac later but wondered if anyone could think of anything

Last edited:

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
So I have just checked my bank and my pension has gone in, but is £500 less than what it should be. Not really an issue for some but as it is a cpl pension it has pretty much wiped it out. I have been out of the mob since jan 2020 and the last 9 payments have been fine. Anyone got any ideas.

That's a concern as I'm due to start 'enjoying' (well keeping the new mortgage paid) my Cpl's pension this month.

Fingers crossed it's nothing significant and easily resolved for you chap.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts

It’s normally the taxman taking a little too much, although it’s a bit late in the year for that, check your tax coding on line and then speak to them if it is, no point speaking to equinity if it is, they on,y take what the taxman tells them to.

If you work for a UK registered company overseas they will still report your salary to HMRC so can cause issues, generally always gets sorted out by the next payment.

Vauxhall

Sergeant
FORCES PENSION EXPERT

The people to ask are Equiniti Paymaster - veteransukpensions@equiniti.com

sulky

SAC
Sorry I took so long to post a reply and thanks for the advice, so it turns out that I received an extra £250 payment due to them not paying enough on my lump sum in January. They said my normal pension payment should be in the bank tomorrow at it’s usual amount. I said that maybe next time they do something like this send a letter as well and maybe a different reference to avoid confusion.
Anyhow all sorted