• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pension query

Morning fellow goaters, 'er indoors asked a question about my pension. I left in 2006 on redundancy with an immediate pension. The wife has asked what happens to the pension payment if I pass away before it becomes Index Linked at 55?

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
She's not asking about how much your life insurance policy is worth either is she????? :-0

Just in case you have a joint case of viral attack attributed to C-19 that's all...............

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
She's not asking about how much your life insurance policy is worth either is she????? :-0

Just in case you have a joint case of viral attack attributed to C-19 that's all...............

I thought something along similar lines. 😆

I can't be sure, but I'm led to believe there are clauses that allow the transfer of a military pension to a spouse or nominee should the death of the pension holder be related to service.

I'll have a dig around for info because this was a discussion in the TW household a few days ago.

Vauxhall

Sergeant
FORCES PENSION EXPERT
Morning fellow goaters, 'er indoors asked a question about my pension. I left in 2006 on redundancy with an immediate pension. The wife has asked what happens to the pension payment if I pass away before it becomes Index Linked at 55?
She would receive 50% of your AFPS 75 pension entitlement, index linked, for life. See attached booklet but, if you need anything explaining or personalising, join us at www.forcespensionsociety.org

Attachments

• 37284_MMP114_FAmily Benefits.pdf
    149.1 KB · Views: 13