• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pension/ Investment ideas

Captain Kirk

Corporal
How are you guys setting up for your eventual date? I haven't done FAR yet, but recently came close to 'buying AFPS15' through what seems to be an AVC. I'm glad I didn't as with the Judicial review and government loss it could be that I get to revert to my original pension.
Labour are touting that they will screw buy to let, so that idea is on hold.....where else are people looking?

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Pension, Property and Equity, first two should be seen as necessary, the third once the first two have been fixed.

Wouldn't invest in cash as rates rubbish, have some in P2P, now buy shares via Company scheme as its pre tax and we get some free ones and a big discount.

Ignore anybody who approaches you directly, avoid the high street sellers and get the lowest fees you can get (robot dealers are just as good as human ones)

Captain Kirk

Corporal
There’s an interim interesting article in Pathfinder which refers to the pension court case, and a précis of where it’s at.
More importantly, there’s an example of how the FPS calculate, one that cost my oppo £38.
Obviously no two calcs are the same and you need to join when you are ready, but they provide this example for you to see the depth they go to.