• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pension 2020?

Captain Kirk

Corporal
Any news of the contributory pension? I thought it was 2020 it was due, but either the Fire/ Judges pensions having just won in court I guess there will be a significant ‘drawing board’ moment as HMrC decide how it affects us, before then sticking it to us in the form of compulsory Contributions?
As an aside, is there any news of the new joiner pay scheme, rumoured to include pay with no X factor until they’ve deployed etc etc?

unruly1986

Sergeant
Similar thread on Pprune. As an aside, the Forces Pension Society hint that the 2015 promise not to touch pensions for 25 years may go out of the window if the govt have to splash out because of the recent ruling.

Captain Kirk

Corporal
If this is going to cost the Public Sector £4bn then it says we will get back to previous pensions.
Agree that they’ll just bring forward a contributary scheme, but if i can claim back 4 more years of 05 i reckon I’m £300 a year better off, probably more. That was by frigging the pensions calculator with dob etc.
I raised this with desky, saying the double dip problem may be larger than hes expecting... then they informed me they would be leaving as well.

StickyFingers

Sergeant
Any news of the contributory pension? I thought it was 2020 it was due, but either the Fire/ Judges pensions having just won in court I guess there will be a significant ‘drawing board’ moment as HMrC decide how it affects us, before then sticking it to us in the form of compulsory Contributions?
As an aside, is there any news of the new joiner pay scheme, rumoured to include pay with no X factor until they’ve deployed etc etc?

Where did you get that info on the X factor stuff?

Captain Kirk

Corporal
Where did you get that info on the X factor stuff?
Asked Clive Martland a few years ago after rumours hit a Lincolnshire Station. He found a Wg Cdr in charge of a team at High Wycombe who answered the question.
The rumour was it was coming in, the answer was it was part of the new joiner offer.... and that’s gone silent now. Fingers crossed, it’s in the long grass now.

StickyFingers

Sergeant
Asked Clive Martland a few years ago after rumours hit a Lincolnshire Station. He found a Wg Cdr in charge of a team at High Wycombe who answered the question.
The rumour was it was coming in, the answer was it was part of the new joiner offer.... and that’s gone silent now. Fingers crossed, it’s in the long grass now.

Wonder what they'd class a deployment as too....