• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Paypal!!!!

T

The Dog's

I am using Paypal to pay subs and donations and I received this today:

Dear Dog’s

Your PayPal account has been negative for 60 days or more. To avoid further collection remedies, please add funds to your account and bring the balance to at least zero.

Your PayPal account may be limited or locked if you do not add funds to your account. You will not have access to your account if it is limited or locked.

To add funds to your account:
1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click "Restore Your Balance".
3. Follow the instructions to transfer funds to your PayPal account in at least the amount of your negative balance.
You can add funds using a check or money order.

Make your check or money order payable to PayPal, and send it to:
PayPal P.O. Box 45950 Omaha, NE 68145-0950

Please include the email address associated with your PayPal account in the memo area and allow ten business days for the funds to be posted to your PayPal account.

If the outstanding balance is not resolved, additional collection remedies may be used to bring this account current.

If you have already added funds to your account and brought your balance to at least zero, please disregard this message.

We appreciate your cooperation and invite you to reply to this email with any questions.

Yours sincerely,
PayPal

My response today:

Dear Paypal

I have already tried to settle the balance about a month ago and it seems it failed (with no explanation)! Tried again today (4 Aug) and will not allow me to restore the balance! Something about it exceeding limits. Tried your phone help line - totally useless, as you can't actually talk to a person! By chance I have spotted that I haven't got a bank account authorised with Paypal (which surprises me as I thought I had one through ebay). I have now done this so hopefully I can restore the balance within a few days. A suggestion - provide a help person you can actually speak to. It may save a lot of grief and misunderstanding all round! Lastly, will authorising my bank account sort the problem? Will that allow me to restore the balance? Hello, hello . . . is there anybody actually out there????

Yours sincerely,
The Dog’s

Does anybody here know if authorising a bank account will fix it?

Killer Queen

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
I have also had an email from Paypal today although not on the same lines are you sure this is not a phising email?

MingMong

Warrant Officer
I would advise that if you are getting emails saying you have PayPal problems, go directly to your PayPal account yourself by sticking 'www.paypal.com' (or co.uk) in your browser and go from there, just in case there are problems.
I do know that if your account isn't authorised, you get limitations on your account, but not sure what those limitations are. May be something to look into I guess.

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
Authorising your bank account will probably sort it.

If you had nothing for it to draw funds on it will have put you overdrawn and I know Paypal can be sniffy about accepting money from Credit Cards if you are overdrawn.

No problems drawing straight from your account though.