• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pay Rise

Billy Whizz

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
The annual pay rise has been announced and is on the Defence Intranet,
3% for all except Junior Ranks who'll get 3.3%!::p:

T

Twonston Pickle

Finally, some small recognition of our efforts and conditions in the military. Well done AFPRB.

A

Almost_done

Pay rise?

Pay rise?

However there is a small downside to this pay busting pay rise!!

SFA increases of between 2% and 13.3%

SLA increases of between 5% and 14.5%

Comment from the end, from DCDS Pers.

21. SUMMARY. SOME PERSONNEL MAY POINT TO THE SIGNIFICANT
INCREASES IN ACCOMMODATION CHARGES AND FEEL THAT THEY ARE
LITTLE BETTER OFF. GIVEN THAT THE GOVERNMENT CONSIDERED THAT
ALL PAY REVIEW BODIES SHOULD BASE THEIR RECOMMENDATIONS ON
ACHIEVEMENT OF THE INFLATION TARGET OF 2 PER CENT CONSUMER
PRICES INDEX THIS AWARD SHOULD BE SEEN AS A POSITIVE OUTCOME
FOR SERVICE PERSONNEL.

A

Almost_done

Cut and paste

Cut and paste

Many thanks to the other board for this and no apologies as it saved me time to work out the pay rise, not my work and does not reflect my payscale however it is proportional so;
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This work belongs to RNGrommits of PPRune,

Right
Have done my maths homework, and here is how this great pay rise will see a substantial increase in the level of comfort & financial security that my family can now afford, with me being in the top pay band for a Lt RN, living in SFA with a garage bolted to the side (anyone know if I promise not to use it any more, do I still have to pay for it?).

2005 DRP £106.90 = £39018.50 2006 DRP £110.11 = £40190.15
Pay Rise = £1171.65 After 40% tax = £702.99 = £1.926 per day

Garage charges 2005 - £248.2 2006 - £262.8 = Rise of £14.60
SFA Charge 2005 - £2628 2006 - £2969.64 = Rise of £341.64

£702.989 - (£341.64 + £14.60) =£346.35
= 94p a day pay rise.
And that is not including any changes to the CILOCT or the water bills (insufficient info).
Can anyone explain to me how I motivate those below me, & hence getting a smaller pay rise than my kingly 94p, to bother getting out of their beds in the morning, let alone volunteering for secondary duties or out of area deployments? And no doubt the private dental care I am forced to pay for my family (having been forced to move to an area with no NHS dentists - again) will go up with inflation and take a chunk of this.
I honestly pity anyone trying to bring up a family in the services, because the sacrifices we give up over our civil friends are not rewarded.

Darling, we are going to have to sell the kids!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that looks good does it not?