• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pay Protection Extended - Official

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
I think you've crashed MODNet with people looking for confirmation of that - I can't even bring up the MOD main page!

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Can't be found anywhere, so I'm assuming this is just fishing or just complete bollox. Bad drills, 4everAD...

4everAD

Sergeant
Bad drills? I'm hurt.

I have in front of me a copy of the email from Air-COSPers-Pol PayAllces DACOS distributing the news out to the RAF heads. Just because it's not on MODNET doesn't mean it isn't true!

And before you ask, yes it does say the news is for general distribution.

Last edited:

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Bad drills? I'm hurt.

I have in front of me a copy of the email from Air-COSPers-Pol PayAllces DACOS distributing the news out to the RAF heads. Just because it's not on MODNET doesn't mean it isn't true!

And before you ask, yes it does say the news is for general distribution.

Ok, I forgive you.

If it's in an email at that level, us lowly minions will probably see it trickle down around about September time lol

Quagmire

LAC
There is an announcement on the RAF Intranet (DII) page now confirming 31 Mar 24 extension. Apparently a DiB will follow.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Enough for people to stay in, withdraw PVR or sign an extension?

Not this call-sign but that's my own choice as I have my own plans.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Enough for them to seek alternative employment or retrain in order to do so. I can see Arm being absorbed into A tech A in ten years as an additional role.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I remember being present at a manning brief suggesting that us dog botherers would be amalgamated with the bombheads in the mid 90's. Both trades agreed it wasn't a good idea.

It just needs to be a better idea than a more expensive status-quo, these days

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I remember being present at a manning brief suggesting that us dog botherers would be amalgamated with the bombheads in the mid 90's. Both trades agreed it wasn't a good idea.

The RN Air Maintenance have their Avionic / Elec bods on weapons desks etc. I personally see the RAF going this way as well to make things easier with our F35 Jointery. Till they civilianise all of the arm bays, bomb dumps etc and make the above true, in the F35 world at least you'll have a 2 tier pay on Arm desks as they mix RN Elec on Supp 3 with RAF Arm on Supp 2.

4everAD

Sergeant
NEM Pay Protection (SDRP) the gift that keeps giving?

The Armed Forces Pay Review Body has been asked to investigate and recommend how to reduce the disparity in pay between those service personnel on SDRP and those who are not in receipt of pay protection.

Pay freeze incoming for those on SDRP or two tiered pay rise?

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
NEM Pay Protection (SDRP) the gift that keeps giving?

The Armed Forces Pay Review Body has been asked to investigate and recommend how to reduce the disparity in pay between those service personnel on SDRP and those who are not in receipt of pay protection.

Pay freeze incoming for those on SDRP or two tiered pay rise?

Simple solution, just promote everyone on SDRP and rank-range their JPANs. SDRP will suddenly vanish, so no more disparity to investigate. Those on SDRP will get a marginal pay rise and a promotion and slightly better pension, so they'll be happy (maybe), then their pay will mark time while they catch up to their new rank so no need for a pay freeze. Commands will get a bunch of higher ranked bods, the same work will keep getting done but they'll be able to heap on more responsibility. Everybody wins.

MattBombHead

Sergeant
So,last working day of March... Anyone seen the AFPRB Report yet?

Or any dates on when we ‘can’ expect it...?

(And yes, I know the actual pay rise isn’t due for 6months)