• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pay and Allowances

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
They broadly have. Available to SP on sharepoint.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Hi Barch.

Don't think when I was in that the allowances and pay were the problem IMHO.

Most of the problems were caused by interpretation of rules by CS which was skewed towards saving money, usually backed up by our HR (cheek to wear blue suits some of these people) and hoop-jumping to get entitlements.

There are good policies and procedures out there but sometimes, again depending on CS, to get such as SLCs, ELCs and Resettlement you would have to jump through hoops intended IMHO to pee you off. The intent is there but actually getting it....

Remember that it looks good as an offer on the outside world but actually getting the entitlements.......

Some JSPs and leaflets are available in the public domain. Where I can't tell you as TBH I lost interest when I left.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
I was a JPA Auditor at Wittering up to when I left. My approach was that if you were entitled to it you should claim it and if you weren't then you shouldnt. I take the same approach no with my CS staff and have a zero tolerance approach to people who take excessive breaks or misuse the flex policy, as in effect it is stealing.

Prior to the advent of JPA, I used to have pre-filled in 1771s for my sqn to fill in every time they took a bus to Brize for their OOA deployment - sure it was "only" £4.25 but it was their £4.25. An officer on the bus would countersign them and the bus driver would bring them back for allowances to process.

That said, in my latter days I did have a conversation with a Regt officer who had stocked up on £25 worth of groceries including uncooked items at the M&S at Kings Cross station before boarding the train for a 50 min journey to Peterborough. He tried the "You are wrong Sergeant" routine, and my reply was "sir you are confusing your rank with my authority - do you really want to continue with this claim for subsistence allowance which includes uncooked food when the regs say prepared meal"

He realised he was wrong and withdrew the claim.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Isn’t the pay review board recommendations a public document?

Always seemed to contain the following sentence ‘in line with the government spending restrictions’.