• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pants!!

W

Whits87

Passed my final interview today and really looking forward to starting my rts on 3rd of august I'm just looking through my kit list and it's a random question but I really hope I'm not the only one confused. It states for males boxer shorts are not suitable for pt sessions. I can understand if they are loose boxers but does this mean we are expected to wear good old fashioned pants because I haven't worn pants since I was about seven! Boxers seemed fine on prtc but I don't want to be the only guy who turns up to rts wearing briefs cause that would be just embarrassing.

Random question I know but needed to ask

W

Whits87

Btw for some reason I put in b o x e r I get a b o x e r icon come up which is annoying.

84scouse

SAC
from RN experience the tight "trunk" type undies were fine, just loose ones were no good. Same goes for the swimming shorts, you are allowed to wear shorts as long as they're not the board short type... you don't have to turn up to RTC with speedo's and y-fronts!! :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Many moons ago when I did army basic training we were all checked for pants after a pt session after one lad was spotted wearing loose boxers for pt. It resulted in many press ups for the guilty few and a very angry pti.

If it says pants on the kit list then take some trunk like pants for pt. It never pays to risk the wrath of a pti believe me. You'll never need to wear them again after Halton.

Remember basic training is about doing exactly what you are told, wearing exactly what you are told to wear at exactly the time you are told to do so.