• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Organizations dedicated to helping place ex-forces in jobs....

PraiseBacon

Sergeant
G’day all,

Quick question – are there any UK organizations dedicated to helping veterans find jobs? And of course, who are they?

In context, I’ve moved around the world with my jobs a fair bit - and generally used a relatively high percentage of ex-forces as I have built teams (My current team is circa 40% ex-forces, including US, UK and a South African).

I’m currently based in the US – where the Govt actually helps a bit by offering tax advantages for hiring veterans, and there are a number of organizations that help placements. I’ve been a bit vocal about how that only applies to US veterans here, and we miss a whole pool of allied veterans now living in the US (I have 2 ex RAF, including me!, in my US team).

As one of the more vocal advocates in the company around veteran recruitment– I have a meeting with the UK head of HR next week to talk about ex-forces recruitment and how to attract and provide priority for suitably qualified veteran candidates in the UK. I’d like to go armed with a list of organizations we could partner with – preferably ones with a good track record of placement of ex-forces into large corporations and multinationals + skilled jobs

Views on suitable orgs welcomed

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Start with the forces covenant and go from there, from my own experience your organisations Social Media activity highlighting your programmes will attract suitable talent.

I’ve attended a few service leavers events, going to one soon, and find the attendees to be a mixed bunch, however, I wouldn’t recommend any particular group as being any better than any other.

PraiseBacon

Sergeant
Start with the forces covenant and go from there, from my own experience your organisations Social Media activity highlighting your programmes will attract suitable talent.

I’ve attended a few service leavers events, going to one soon, and find the attendees to be a mixed bunch, however, I wouldn’t recommend any particular group as being any better than any other.
Thanks Busby,

I think your comment on social media hit the nail on the head, if the UK subsidiary is serious about veteran recruitment, making it known will help..

There are a couple of org's I have found as places we can advertise roles - and hopefully get some placement terms agreed with...

Anyway, back to the Bacon praiseing for me (Defrosted some rushers after the Grand final - bacon baguettes in 20 mins)