• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Op ellamy

Craig458

LAC
Hi all,

I have been told today that I will be going to Italy in August. I have asked questions of PSF but they don't seem to have the answers to them.

What accommodation are we staying in out in Gioia? What is happening about food and welfare such as internet and phones? Which if any allowances are we getting? I have heard that many rumours.....As per usual.

I have never deployed like this before as I have always been part of a Squadron.

Any information is gratefully received. Thank you in advance.

tommo9999

Higher Pay Band Shiney
There is a prep signal for Ellamy - get your PSF staff to give you the latest version or access via the A1 Ops website. It's got lots of gen on it, and should answer some of your questions.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Hi all,

I have been told today that I will be going to Italy in August. I have asked questions of PSF but they don't seem to have the answers to them.

What accommodation are we staying in out in Gioia? What is happening about food and welfare such as internet and phones? Which if any allowances are we getting? I have heard that many rumours.....As per usual.

I have never deployed like this before as I have always been part of a Squadron.

Any information is gratefully received. Thank you in advance.

If you are going to Gioia you will get LSA and that's it. As you receive no LOA, you should get the full welfare package (internet/phone calls etc). As far as I'm aware, everyone is in HOTAC and fed either on base or in the Hotel. Laundry is free.

(I know they are getting no LOA because I have someone out there who asked me to check his payslip on JPA today to see if he was getting any).

C

corsair

does it really matter, what you will be doing when you get out there? you will be in Italy, eat pizza and enjoy the sunshine, or you could try Afgan twice a year working 12 hour shifts for 2 1/2 months with no downtime.......I know which I would prefer :pDT_Xtremez_30:

E

enginesuck

does it really matter, what you will be doing when you get out there? you will be in Italy, eat pizza and enjoy the sunshine, or you could try Afgan twice a year working 12 hour shifts for 2 1/2 months with no downtime.......I know which I would prefer :pDT_Xtremez_30:

only 2 1/2 months ? try 2x 4 months ! dont want be be the billy two ****s here but, i wish i was in italy rather than AFG - although the money is nice, ps does anyone know if you can claim tax back for being not in the uk for greater than six months in a 12 month period ?

Max

Sergeant
only 2 1/2 months ? try 2x 4 months ! dont want be be the billy two ****s here but, i wish i was in italy rather than AFG - although the money is nice, ps does anyone know if you can claim tax back for being not in the uk for greater than six months in a 12 month period ?

Hahaha! what do you think?

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
ps does anyone know if you can claim tax back for being not in the uk for greater than six months in a 12 month period ?

Yeah no problem just ring the tax office, that's why a posting to Germany was really great 3 years not paying tax. ;-) ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JTforever

Corporal
I'd rather be in Afghan than here in Sicily. Horrible detachment run by some serious job creation dobber pr1cks.

MTMAD

SAC
I don't think he was giving a Toss about what he is doing there, he was wondering, like all good groundies, how much extra cash, if any, he will be getting and if he needs to hire a bint to do his washing for him!!!!!

Craig458

LAC
Thanks

Thanks

Thanks for all the reply's. I have spent 14 years on squadrons and know the score. I spent many months working 24hour shifts in Iraq and also Afghan. I was merely asking the question about stuff out there so I know about extra cash and if I need my laptop etc. It will be a pleasant break from tents. I have been in touch with the guys out in Italy and have all the info now.

Thanks a lot everyone.

mrsfarnie

LAC
It is the military, during the world wars ( and before ) dads were away for years at a time!
I do realise this, as a past serving member myself.
However It still makes me angry that some people rarely deploy while others are away every year.
Maybe you would like to explain this to my 4 and 6 year old children?

Quagmire

LAC
I do realise this, as a past serving member myself.
However It still makes me angry that some people rarely deploy while others are away every year.
Maybe you would like to explain this to my 4 and 6 year old children?

Maybe he should look for a different job.

Maybe he wants to be away for a bit of peace and quiet? If you bleat in real life like you do on here, I'm pretty sure I'd rather be on det.

mrsfarnie

LAC
Why do you have to be so mean?

You dont know me.
And you are probably one of the ones who dont go away.

Maybe he should look for a different job.

Maybe he wants to be away for a bit of peace and quiet? If you bleat in real life like you do on here, I'm pretty sure I'd rather be on det.

At the end of the day we are all on here for the same reason and it would be nice if we could all support each other. But like normal, the minority have to spoil it for people.
Maybe you are the one who needs to look for a new job?
I was simply explaing to the person deploying to op ellamy shortly , the facts he required.

Last edited:

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Now thats the funniest thing I've read on here in ages. Spot on Quagmire.

Mrsfannie - don't take it personally...... but is it true? :pDT_Xtremez_42: For a service wife, you seem not to understand banter and black humour... maybe thats why he's on the lash in Italy. I hear the IAF have good Thursday night Bops.......................

Last edited:

mrsfarnie

LAC
Now thats the funniest thing I've read on here in ages. Spot on Quagmire.

Mrsfannie - don't take it personally...... but is it true? :pDT_Xtremez_42: For a service wife, you seem not to understand banter and black humour... maybe thats why he's on the lash in Italy. I hear the IAF have good Thursday night Bops.......................

obviously another one who is not maried and does not deploy.
Thanks for upsetting me. I wont bother to try and help any one any more on here

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Who's being narrow minded now? maybe if you understood a Servicemans psyche would would actually find Quagmires comments funny.
How long have you aand MrFannie been married then?