• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Olympics - Military or 'Can't be bothered to get a job' civvies

Olympics - Military or 'Can't be bothered to get a job' civvies

• Armed Forces

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Work Shy Muppets

Votes: 21 60.0%

• Total voters

sp4rks

SAC
Come on then,

Which would you prefer at the Ollie llympics.

British Armed Forces showing proffessionalism (sp?) and doing the tasks set by the powers that be during the Olympics.

OR

Job Shy muppets showing the world a couldn't give a flying **** attitude and i'm only doing this to get my benefits.

I know which lot i'd choose.

P.S. Don't use this as a thread to bleat and moan, i'm just interested in your answer, nothing more. There are other threads for that!

Last edited:

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I couldn't give a toss about the Olympics, they are not for me or my peers and they are going to screw up my year. I will miss spending summer with my baby son, something I was looking forward to, just before I go on yet another DWR over a Christmas and miss his second ever one. Let people on benefits do it, we could maybe make it a condition of receiving our money, it could be called a wage.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
The forces should NEVER have been roped in for this... quite simple..

Dole scum - take a job at the Olympics as security - or lose the benefits.

sp4rks

SAC
Admittedly i never said i agreed with the Forces being ROPED IN again, but i know who would show this country in the better light.

But again that's for another thread

briggfairy

Sergeant
lets face it the economies on its arse so we need some big investment in this country and whats more likely to convince someone to set up shop here a well mannered smart and physically fit member of the armed forces or someone from jeremy kyle with more children than teeth?

BillyBunter

Techie & Proud
I see it as another decision my the government that shows how out of touch and how much they really value the Armed Forces. After last years Ellamy, Herrick and constant work ups it was hard going and broke many, but we acheived and got plaudits. This year the prospect of some recuperation and extra training has now gone due to the Jubilee, The Olympics as well as Herrick over the summer. With more folk than ever leaving more is asked yet again and people have just had enough. STOP Please.

The armed forces are being drafted in as they dont have enough money to provide anything else. Thats the only reason.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
As 48% of the Olympic village employees are foreigners (many of whom were receiving language trianing, BTW), you can bet that there was widespread concern amongst the paty faithful that the balance of remaining need would be made up from the national population of oxygen thieves, so here you are

"..and your back in the room".

"Crack on" indeed, - just know that you are providing cheap labour for political ends, and there is no way around that.

National security - yeah, Right.

My cox sa kipper

BillyH

LAC
As I have been asked to be a London Ambassador during the Paralympics. I just hope I won't be working with whinging po faced dole dodgers, or whinging po faced crabfats. Just a bunch of happy helpful men and women helping the event go with a swing.

I have been genning up, by listening to Gerard Hoffnungs 1958 address to the Oxford Union.

BillyH

:pDT_Xtremez_39::pDT_Xtremez_39:

Last edited:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I won't notice who is working at the Olympics...The camera won't be pointing at you so if I was planning to watch it, which I am not, it wouldn't matter a hill of beans if you were selling class B's to the kids or stood to attention, tears of fierce pride running down your taut cheeks, humming the national anthem.

I don't normally watch athletics, shooting, archery, people walking quickly, running running quickly or any other such sport on the telly so just because it happens to be on the telly in London will make feck all difference to me or a great many other people in this country I should think...it may as well be in another country for the buy-in a lot of us have to be honest.

All I do know is that it costs more to employ someone who wasn't on the payroll yesterday than it does to use somebody, no matter how tired, no matter how much he was looking forward to a holiday with the kids, no matter how much he deserves a bit of time at home to have a BBQ or whatever it is that shakes his bush to park cars and wave at human traffic so it keeps moving.

Max

Sergeant
Workshy doleys as you just never know some of them might actually take a liking to earning their money giving them the benefit of the doubt and surely the government is always bleating about getting them back out working so 2 birds one stone.

As a civvy I would prefer to see the military doing it but I also hate to see the workshy scum fouling the streets. How about the military supervising the workshy - or would that lead to a few very hard lessons?