• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offshore Current Accounts

kawoloki

Sergeant
I have a job lined up for September that requires me to open an offshore account as I shall be getting paid in $US. I've had the usual scan around the tinterweb but was just wondering if any goaters (particulary offshore ones) had experience of this situation and have any advice about what I should be looking for?

The wife and little ones will be in the UK while I'm away so I still need a UK current account to pay off mortgage etc and keep her indoors with an adequate / up to date shoe selection.

Any advice greatly appreciated :pDT_Xtremez_14:

BillyH

LAC
See your Bank Manager, when I went to Saudi he fixed me an account in Jersey. With transfers to my home branch some good advice on tax. Very easy and he treated me to lunch.

BillyH:pDT_Xtremez_39::pDT_Xtremez_39:

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I was working as a contractor in Kabul until last summer and was getting paid in US$. I kept my UK account and got it paid into that.I looked at an offshore account, but when you look at fees etc, you might as well just take the hit on the $ to £ exchange rate....

Some guys had them, but the majority of Brits didnt...