• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offer to transfer - Reminder

• Thread starter TheHogwartsBEngO
  • Start date
T

TheHogwartsBEngO

Got my offer to transfer election form (reminder) for the pension scheme thro' the post today.

Hmmm, decisions decisions...

Leaving this year, 6 years' service, as many years to get to pensionable age as I have lived so far and when I do get there, a staggering 50 quid a week. :pDT_Xtremez_42:

a truely life changing decision.:pDT_Xtremez_35: Think I might stick to the old scheme.

I have had to put up with the Wing Co and the Squabbling Leader discussing their various sickeningly plump and rosy pension options.

Anyone else getting really excited about this decision? :pDT_Xtremez_14:

T

The Controller

Got my offer to transfer election form (reminder) for the pension scheme thro' the post today.

Hmmm, decisions decisions...

Leaving this year, 6 years' service, as many years to get to pensionable age as I have lived so far and when I do get there, a staggering 50 quid a week.

a truely life changing decision. Think I might stick to the old scheme.

I have had to put up with the Wing Co and the Squabbling Leader discussing their various sickeningly plump and rosy pension options.

Anyone else getting really excited about this decision?

Yes! 'Plump & Rosy' WOs also do very nicely....

I...thank you.:)

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

mutter mutter grumble mutter...

oh well, I have the benefit of youth, and the repayment mortgage I've just started will be paid up before I'm 60 - so that'll be my retirement for now I suppose...:pDT_Xtremez_26:

T

The Controller

"..oh well, I have the benefit of youth"!
...Quite true young Sir!!

However...I had to give some of last September's pay back so they could pay the Flying Officers!!! Youth has its advantages....but so does enormous wealth!:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Just ask YCCMA...loaded he is...loaded!

B

Bluntend

HogwartsBEngO,

Perhaps you could consider resigning your commission, re-enlisting, working your way up through the ranks and seeing how high you get - you may end up with a better pension.

Or alternatively, this Friday's Euromillions is 70,000,000:1 odds, which are probably better than either of us retiring on a decent pension so buy lots of tickets...

:pDT_Xtremez_30:

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

I've scraped around in the bottom of the desk drawer Bluntend, and shooed away the nice lady begging for my seriously in arrears T-bar subs (not so long back I would have marched myself into my office for a stern talking to about indebtedness) and found a few old coins. With a small low interest advance on my pocket money from Mrs BEngO (the one I married, not me mum), I might cobble togther the 50p to go halves on a euromillions ticket.

Up for it?

70,000,000:1 is better odds than either of us getting a worthwhile RAF career...

A

Almost_done

TheHogwartsBEngO said:
I've scraped around in the bottom of the desk drawer Bluntend, and shooed away the nice lady begging for my seriously in arrears T-bar subs (not so long back I would have marched myself into my office for a stern talking to about indebtedness) and found a few old coins. With a small low interest advance on my pocket money from Mrs BEngO (the one I married, not me mum), I might cobble togther the 50p to go halves on a euromillions ticket.

Up for it?

70,000,000:1 is better odds than either of us getting a worthwhile RAF career...

I'll second that and here is the other 50p :pDT_Xtremez_30: and what career, lol, that stopped in '93, after the powers that be put a freeze on Techies promotions due to redundancies.

M

Me!

You'll have to do a bit more digging, they're £1.50 each!!!!

I found out to my peril when I went to buy one a few weeks ago when it was a mere £50m jackpot, and had to scuttle away to find more cash. I have even gone to the extent of paying for a ticket for 2 weeks so I'm covered whilst on leave and unable to feed this growing addiction to becoming a multi millionaire!!!!

B

Bluntend

I guess this is a sign of the times. It used to be that you should have enough money on you to pay for a hair cut - these days its enough money to buy a Euromillions Lotto ticket...

:pDT_Xtremez_30:

D

DoesMyBumLookBigInThis?

The bit that concerns me is when and why in this time woudl MOD ever really offer us more than what we have - it is all a bit worrying. Sticking with the 16/38 deal...must be better all round!!???!!

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

I have committed myself to the 1975 version - based on the principle that they'll never change anything for your benefit.

Right, time to arrange that low interest pocket money advance, will have to be 3 weeks advance to cover the £1.50.

Here's a question (maybe for another thread) but the JP for euromillions is £125 million. According to Bluntend odds of winning ar 70,000,000:1

at 1.50 per ticket, to buy all combinations would cost £105 million. Providing you don't share a JP, that's a return of 20 million - not including a nice haul of lesser prizes.

could some enterprising syndicate of millionaires could make a few bob?

T

The Controller

£105 million you say??? HMMmmmm!! I could just rustle that up!

...The £1.50 I mean......:eek:

A

Almost_done

Damn now if there was only a million of us in the forces ?