• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

OASC / Airman Aircrew (NCA) - anyone on here involved with selection/recruiting

FootTapper

Sergeant
Good afternoon folks - I'm wondering if any fellow goaters are involved in the OASC/NCA recruitment process?

Asking on behalf of one of my lads, not looking for any shortcuts or favours just wanted to see if I can get answers to a couple of questions which the AFCO aren't able to answer :)

Cheers

FootTapper

Sergeant
One of my chaps is in the middle of selection for NCA, I believe he was supposed to be having a medical as we speak, but obviously the world has ended with Coronapocalypse and so nothing is happening.

He was already close on the age cutoff (he's ab initio rather than a re-tread) but the delays are now pretty much going to guarantee that he'd miss the cutoff. Has any decision been made on whether the cutoff will remain, or whether exceptions may be made due to the circumstances?

AFCO isn't able to give him an official (or even unofficial) answer, but having been through the system myself many years ago I know that they're not always the best source of updated gen

(I'm happy to PM his name if needed)