• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NSN for Marine Varnish? Help please POL people!

FootTapper

Sergeant
Folks,

Tried to demand some 8010-99-2245781 Marine Varnish a couple of weeks ago. When we chased up the demand we've just been told Obsolete Item.

Does anyone have a good number for Marine Varnish please? Or can anyone put the NSN into MJDI and see if the notes have a replacement number?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

FootTapper

Sergeant
I feel ashamed to admit that it's for a service use.

Although, since you mention it, the garage door could do with a coat as well - so if anyone comes up with a good number I might need to over-order...

FootTapper

Sergeant
Cheers, but I probably should have been specific - it's not actually for wood, it's to seal stickers on weapons.

If it is just for labels on weapons may be worth a look at the LRU label edge sealer as used on Tornado and Typhoon. Been a few years but if memory serves it can be used external / outdoors.

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
Folks,

Tried to demand some 8010-99-2245781 Marine Varnish a couple of weeks ago. When we chased up the demand we've just been told Obsolete Item.

Does anyone have a good number for Marine Varnish please? Or can anyone put the NSN into MJDI and see if the notes have a replacement number?

FT I'm back in work tomorrow, I'll try to find out for you what's superceeded it for you. :)

FootTapper

Sergeant
FT I'm back in work tomorrow, I'll try to find out for you what's superceeded it for you. :)

I can't help thinking there's a long list of favours I owe you by now...

(and not the kind I'd like to owe you!)

Supportivecivvy - If we can't find a number for Marine Varnish then it might well end up being edge sealer that we have to go for - thank you :)

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
I can't help thinking there's a long list of favours I owe you by now...

(and not the kind I'd like to owe you!)

Supportivecivvy - If we can't find a number for Marine Varnish then it might well end up being edge sealer that we have to go for - thank you :)

You never know when you might need a favour from someone else so it's always worth helping if you can eh? I've called in quite alot of favours with all the sponsorship I've neen getting from lads/lasses on here. If you wanna chuck a quid at that then please do... have a look in the charities forum for what I'm up to (dont feel like you have to though mate. I'd still help with stacker stuff if I can) :)

Ronsuddes

SAC
Marine varnish

Marine varnish

Folks,

The RAF as seriously declined since the 1970s if someone has to seek the help of a website to find a part number - the storebashers should hang their heads in shame!

RAF Bird

Stacker *********
2 alternative items: 8010-99-9426168 - quick check on UMIS shows we have stock & 8010-99-4590256 - no stock showing but there are dues in which are a month old or so. Hope this helps. :)

FootTapper

Sergeant
As always - you're a star :)

If this wave of gratitude continues I'll end up giving you some charity money at this rate...

Thank you.