• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Nothings ever easy eh???

M

monobrow

Right, started off, noticed that one of me headlights was blown, and as that's something that right gripes me (people with 1 working headlight) I nip off to halfords for a new one...

£8.99 later (thought thats a smidge expensive for a bulb!!) Driving home, I think to meself... it's only a bulb change.... get this done sharpish!

So..... I open the bonnet to be presented with a plug and thats it. WTF!!! so I go looking round the net for how to change it (no haynes manual).

Simply....

Remove the stupid plastic thing under the bonnet catch to expose the bolts for the grill.
Remove the grill
Undo all the bolts that hold the light cluster in
Completely remove the light cluster
Then ping some spring clip to expose the bulb
Change bulb
Installation is opposite of removal.

Then go see someone about making sure the headlight is aimed right (yeah, f*ck that, it can wait till it's MOT)

WTF!!!! With using a bodged flatblade screwdriver to undo them b*stard "star" bolts, it took me an hour in the rain!!

Sooo for all the mondeo drivers out there with one headlight f*cked, get stripping down the front end of your car!!!! I never knew it'd be that much hassle or I might have not bothered going to halfords in the first place!!!

Now I just got to get round to changing that un-readable number plate.......

Last edited: