• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NORTHERN IRELAND ELECTIONS...

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
So now that SF are in power...

Will they 'gladly' give up power in a referendum to unite the whole of Ire?

OR...Will they realise they are in power and have their own power-base and drag their heels in uniting???

Power corrupts and all that.....

I believe the NI government can only operate with power sharing between Nationalist and Unionist parties. As the main Unionist party intends to boycot the NI government over brexit controls I'm not sure anyone will be in power.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
NI has been a real mess for as long as I can remember I can't see the political wing of the IRA being in power helping to clear the muddy waters.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
One cant order a box of paperclips without the other's say-so. Its a cop-out of an arrangement initially aimed to pacify the terrorists, but now its used by both sides to throw a strop and walk out, knowing that those paperclips will remain unordered, as will the health queues, education standards etc etc.

Despite SF winning, and despite the DUP throwing a strop and refusing to nominate a deputy paperclip orderer, whilst there may be a slight majority in favour of unification north of the border, there isnt a cat in hell's chance that the ROI can afford to take on NI, along with its share of the UK debt, which works out at £75Bn, based on the national debt and the Barnett Formula.