• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

No money in the MOD?

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
Has anybody else who inhabits the secret Wiltshire airbase noticed that while the lads live in blocks without hot water because there is 'no money' that magically loads of money has been spent over the past week, co-incidentally leading up to a VIP visit on Thursday?

The gates have been painted, loads of pretty pretty flowers have been planted, somebody seems to have cleaned up the Comet, Air terminal has been painted, new signs have been erected at entrance to camp complete with pretty lights, the pan has sprung some trees in pots and the grass has been manicured to within an inch of it's life. There is more but i am losing the will to live typing this.

Also, the camp is getting a standown apart from 'essential personnel' so while we have people stuck in theatres because of the lack of AT, the last week or so has been spent ensuring 'frames are ready, not to relieve the situation but to put on a flying display.

Fortunately we can all go out and get beered up to drown our sorrows, not on camp though, they have closed the bars the night before the visit (I suppose in case we get drunk and make something untidy?)

I realise that the bullshit aspect has always been part of service life, but it does annoy when it is so over the top when the fleet is on it's knees and the accomodation is in such a shit state (and the singlies are basically locked in it on Thursday otherwise they will make the place look untidy walking about like commoners)

M

mobile muppet

Weeb,

All I can say is... complete and utter t@ssers.

It seems the powers that be, from the MoD all the way down to STN level do not give a toss. Who has a spine and the balls to stand up and address serious station issues (and wider Air Force ones) with their superiors. Nobody at Lyneham or the ivory towers it seems.

Rant over... its just pisses me off seeing what the Air Farce it turning into.. :mad:

P.S Have you read the similar thread on Pprune !

Last edited:
F

fugmeister general

but dont you think the the new carpet on the officers mess steps looks fetching!!!!

Could have spent the money better on fixing the dock doors !!!

Hey but then we only work here vip's all the way :eek:

bet they dont get sh1t food served to them or the lack of facilities in the work place....

J

Jam

It's just some thing else to grind us all down and make the station and the

service look good, when all three services are on their knees due to cut backs.

Will it ever be right again? :confused:

Doubt it. :mad: :eek:

A

A CLING NERDS HORN

mobile muppet said:
Weeb,

All I can say is... complete and utter t@ssers.

It seems the powers that be, from the MoD all the way down to STN level do not give a toss. Who has a spine and the balls to stand up and address serious station issues (and wider Air Force ones) with their superiors. Nobody at Lyneham or the ivory towers it seems.

Rant over... its just pisses me off seeing what the Air Farce it turning into.. :mad:

P.S Have you read the similar thread on Pprune !

The reason why Kamikazee pilots wore helmets is so that they didnt suffer from hearing problems in later life :D

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
You kill me flash, you really do......hehehehehe ;)

Yes boys, its a never ending drop into running the MOD on a shoestring. They consistantly drop everything to please the power that be but couldnt really give a stuff about the things that matter.

Apparently there isnt a problem with manning either.....we will just see about that over the next few months eh?

At least we have a new gym at lyneham....maybe the singlies can all queue up there every morning to get a HOT shower.

Wg Cdr ComfeyChair-Smyth

*****istrator
The water situation has been like it for years. Being an inmate in the old folks home, apart from my pre chewed food my biggest gripe is that they provide me with enough HOT water (usually just below boiling point) but with no means of cooling it down.... my blood pumps quicker than the trickle of cold - so I can't shower, without removing what wrinkled skin I have left or I have to run a bath which has a half life decay period of 50 years!