• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

No hand baggage on Brize flight to Minhad (On route to Afhgan

W

WorkingClassHero

Hi

Fly next sat morn, when was in the guard hut in Brize the flight for this satdee said No Hand.Baggage on the board...anybody recently flew (Monarch) to Afghan can shed any light on this?? Dont.like the idea of my laptop getting volleyed around with my hold baggage...

Thanks

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
Haven't been able to take hand baggage on troopers for a while. We got told its cuz of the lack of secure storage on tristars for it.

Craig855s

Sergeant
Haven't been able to take hand baggage on troopers for a while. We got told its cuz of the lack of secure storage on tristars for it.

This is true, Tristar KC1s dont have overhead lockers, only a little mesh shelf for coats, however i wasnt aware you werent allowed to take anything on (surely it could be stowed under the seat in front? (ruining the already shoddy legroom)

As SVC I have my backpack with me in my seat even on a KC (on the floor at the seat next to me)

MattBombHead

Sergeant
I flew out to Minhad a couple of weeks ago...

It seemed to depend on who checked you in as to if you got to take hand baggage or not...

I was able to take a small (20l) day sack, but the guy I traveled to BZN was made to check his laptop in...

Nightmare...

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

JTforever

Corporal
You can take hand baggage on a charter, but not a T*

You can't take it on the Monarch charter to Minhad, If the flight is packed then hand baggage has to be checked in. You can have a small laptop bag in the cabin. If the flight isnt full then hand baggage will sometimes be allowed.

W

WorkingClassHero

Was informed by movers at brize today that you can only carry on anythung that will fit in the mesh behind the seat, so laptop bag no good...need to get one of those sleeve things...Can you not carry anything on a Tristar then neither??

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
No you can carry on your body armour and helmet, laptop if it's in a neoprene sleave and anything you can stuff into your pockets but no bags. No space for them as all the trooping flights are full at the mo because the Rip has just started. I'm guessing they just carry on the policy out of RIP times to make it easier for everyone travelling, one rule for all flights rather then one rule for these months and another for those months.

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
You can't take it on the Monarch charter to Minhad, If the flight is packed then hand baggage has to be checked in. You can have a small laptop bag in the cabin. If the flight isnt full then hand baggage will sometimes be allowed.

Aye, thinking about it we had to check hand baggage in when travelling on the Cyprus airbus charter. I stand corrected :)