• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Night shifts oddballs..

PraiseBacon

Sergeant
For all but 18 months of my time in the service, I was a shift worker (usually the traditional 2D, 2N 4Off pattern). Working nights and weekends you often saw a side of people you wouldn’t see just working days with them – and along the way, I did works with some slightly oddball characters, for example:

A very formal, older, Flt Lt – once was a navigator – but by then was put out to pasture ground tours. On nights he used to bring out a train set he stored in a locked cupboard – as well an old conductor costume (with hat!). He would set it up on the floor – then dress up and play trains for a few hours, quite often while making ‘whoo whoo’ sounds

I also remember a colleague with a fetish for fatter, older ladies – he would try his luck with some of the cleaners that came into the building overnight. Apparently over time he was quite successful at having sex with some right monsters in various parts of the building!

So, who were the eccentric people you were on shift (or crew) with – and what was their oddball thing?

Flybynight

Flight Sergeant
There was Fred - red-faced, scouse sergeant the very image of seaside postcard drunks. He always goosed any woman he could, er, lay his bony hand on, on the grounds that "for every ten who slap your face one will say yes". Divorced (fancy that!), he once showed me a photo of his 18 year-old daughter and offered to fix me up with her for a fiver. He drove an old, bullnosed Ford van done up as a passion wagon with mattress, blankets, curtains and oil heater. His taste was for the thin and dried up rather than the fat and squelchy, and was often to be seen exiting the van with one such early in the morning.