• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

nhs medical cards

F

Ff5448

hello again everyone! :pDT_Xtremez_30:
upon receiving my letter informing me of my apptitude tests i says that i need to bring all sorts of proof of id including my nhs medical card which in there great wisdom my parents through away. As i havnt been to the doctors in about 11 years and no longer life at the address that i have down at the doctors they dont wish to entertain me. So how important is my nhs medical card and do you know any quick way i can get it? thanks everyone.
Chris

M

mad_mo

Contact your local health authority or a doctor, they will sort you out with another being issued. However it will not be the same NHS number you orginally had.

M

mad_mo

Arent you NHS numbers issued on your birth registration?

Yes but they can change, when I moved back from France and re-registered at a new Doctors, i was given a new number, its only your National Insurance number that never changes.

F

Ff5448

on my application i put my nha medical number on it which i managed to get over the phone but they wont send it out to me so if i get a new 1 will this effect my application?

M

mad_mo

on my application i put my nha medical number on it which i managed to get over the phone but they wont send it out to me so if i get a new 1 will this effect my application?

Whats a NHA number?

AllWoman

Flight Sergeant
SSH, your nhs number is just the one the health authority uses to identify you, your national insurance number is the one the inland revenue etc identify you by!

F

Ff5448

cheers mad_moriarty
see how it goes now just hope they dont take to long to get it to me need it by the 15th march lol

Sammy

SAC
NHS Cards

NHS Cards

If you need to take several forms of ID to the AFCO with you then just take the ones that you have got, and if you dont have an NHS card it dosent matter. When you do join up and have to go down to Halton your letter will say that you need to take an NHS card but it dosent matter if you dont have one, you just fill in a separate form. About half the people that join up dont have one. No need to worry! :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Sammy

SAC
NHS Cards

NHS Cards

Err no, they just dont take and NHS card with them when they get to Halton or to any of the AFCO interviews... like I said. It makes no difference whether they do or they dont, so he shouldnt lose sleep over it.

F

Ff5448

thanks sammy thats put my mind at rest now lol.
thanks everyone
chris

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
Arent you NHS numbers issued on your birth registration?

They were, but a few years back the NHS did a re-org and changed everybody's NHS number (some management consultant got paid a fortune for that idea, no doubt). Service personnel were not given a new number. We now do not exist in the eyes of the NHS until we leave the mob.

Think about it though - we have service numbers, NI numbers, tax references, driving licence numbers, NHS numbers, and God knows what else. It's not often I say the Spams are onto a good thing, but they use their Social Security Number for pretty much everything. It's got to be the way ahead.