• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NHS care in the forces?

duffman

Flight Sergeant
Anyone know where the rules and regs are to get priority care in the NHS if you are serving. I've heard it in the news and such but does it really happen, is it in the JAP, AP or QR?

Not a medic, but I think that whatever priority that is given to serving personnel is sorted out through your med centre and the delivering agency. It, as always, will have a budgetary impact and will be therefore at the mercy of the purse string holders.

I stand by to be corrected by the people in the know!

mememe

Corporal
It is down to the contract set up with the MDHU's, they are paid to see you within a period which is quicker than Jo Public. If you fail to attend (which many do) then there is an MOD fine to pay to the trust after a trigger point. General NHS hospitals will treat you based on your clinical priority.

Last edited:

JPJ83

SAC
Outside of MDHUs / tri-service consultants, it is often just down to courtesy and chance if you are seen sooner. You generally enter the general NHS waiting lists, but should be prioritised. I'm not aware of any regs - QR / JSP or otherwise.