• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New York

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
I’m after a bit of advice on places to eat and drink in New York. I’m heading out for the Joshua fight on my own next month and I figured the best people to ask would be my widely travelled forces brethren. I’m staying around Times Square and after I’ve done the day time touristy stuff I’d like to find somewhere to plonk my ass for the evening and chat sh!t to locals or fellow sports fans. Any ideas?

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
Rosie O'Grady's / O'Lunney's / Bar 54 are all good spots if you want to stay around Times Square. If you want to venture out and about, Blondies Sports bar on the upper west side should fill your needs, supposedly one of the best sports bars on Manhattan. Head south into the Bowery / East Village area and you'll find Katz deli for food, but also Please Don't Tell - a 'secret speakeasy' with a hidden entrance inside the hog dog shop next door. Entry is a bit hit and miss (you'll need a reservation) and it's mainly cocktails, and a bit pricey. But as far as novelty bars go, might be worth a look if you're not over in the USA very often.

If you quite fancy cocktails, then head south to Death and Company, which is the preferred bar of most of the local bartenders!

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
C Train to 125th and Manhattan (Harlem).Turn west and walk up through the park to Columbia Uni for top totty and some student bars. Otherwise, turn east and savour the joys of black Harlem bars.

Don't go all the way east to Harlem river, or you'll get shanked by a latino.

....or there's this place. https://mcsorleysoldalehouse.nyc/

The original patrons are from, my mother's side in Ireland. Just beer, scotch, bread cheese and onions.

Last edited:

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Black Tap Burger was pretty decent for gourmet Burgers and Beer, the shakes are also unbelievable. If you like your Broadway style shows or are going with kids, try the Ellen Stardust Diner - Actors and Actresses trying to make it, work there in their spare time and will put on a show.

Max Reheat

Resident Drunk
1000+ Posts
Thanks for the replies. What I learned is there’s an awful
lot of Irish bars, probably every other bar is Irish. It’s £10 a pint of Guinness after you’ve tipped and an average meal will cost £20. Despite that I love this City.