• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New visiting ac rules?

Any one know about these new rules for visiting civil ac? I know Leuchars has been affected as I have had some PPR turned down. What is going on?

Theres nothing like a specific question, and this is one of those isnt it !!!! I know its Friday but have a go at give us a bit of a clue, which new rule, are you talking NASP?:pDT_Xtremez_30:

I don't know, that is why I am asking!! What I do know is Leuchars can no longer except civil ac bigger than 10 Tons or with 19 pax or more. Why?

J Y Kelly

Corporal
Have they changed the Crash Cat? Perhaps someone has worked out that the Crash Cat they have only covers them up to a certain weight of aircraft and/or a number of pax. Alternatively there may be security issues. I would hate to think that it's down to someone trying to make sense of the JSP 360, giving up and telling you to poke off.

J Y Kelly said:
Have they changed the Crash Cat? Perhaps someone has worked out that the Crash Cat they have only covers them up to a certain weight of aircraft and/or a number of pax. Alternatively there may be security issues. I would hate to think that it's down to someone trying to make sense of the JSP 360, giving up and telling you to poke off.

I don't think it is crash cat as we operate civil aircraft above 10 tons that are Cx Cat 3. The F3s need 3a so Cx Cat is not an issue. I believe it is party to do with security and passenger handling, but it would be handy to know the facts.

If its 19+ passengers then they all have to be checked (security) and all bags go through a main airport type security check under the NASP (National Air Safety Programme) rules. Most Snowdrops\Stations cannot cope with this, so the easy answer is no aircraft with more than 19 dudes on board at airfields that are not main hubs.

Bellowyelly said:
If its 19+ passengers then they all have to be checked (security) and all bags go through a main airport type security check under the NASP (National Air Safety Programme) rules. Most Snowdrops\Stations cannot cope with this, so the easy answer is no aircraft with more than 19 dudes on board at airfields that are not main hubs.

Thanks, that kind of makes sense. How many airfields will this affect?