• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Shirts

Shiny_Rob

Corporal
I picked up 2 new shirts last week but now they’re ironed I can’t get the rank slides on to the epilettes, is anyone else having this issue? The epilettes are about 1 cm wider than they should be!

sulky

SAC
Yep,

known issue, according to the local civvie blanket stacker apparently the company that made them based the epilette on an older contract rank slides which were slightly wider. The newer contact ones aren't as wide, so they don't fit very well. Solution would be to get new rank slides made that are wider...nope they are redesigning the shirts with narrower epilletes and they will be along when the rest run out...... I solved my issue by nicking some old rank slides of the local cadet sqn that i'm a helper at, now they have some of my newer thinner ones, but as their shirts haven't been changed...no issue

Also the shirts take about 5 washes before you get all the wrinkles out of the feckers

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
Has anyone also noticed they already com 'pre-shrunk' as well

Old shirts I am either a 42 or 43 can wear either but prefer the 43 as they are 'roomier'.

Got some new 42 and to say they were snug was an understatement, thinking I may have put on a few extra pounds i put one of my old 42 shirts on and it still fitted with no issues.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Has anyone also noticed they already com 'pre-shrunk' as well. Old shirts I am either a 42 or 43 can wear either but prefer the 43 as they are 'roomier'. Got some new 42 and to say they were snug was an understatement, thinking I may have put on a few extra pounds i put one of my old 42 shirts on and it still fitted with no issues.

Off TopicPen old chap your shirts have always been "a little snug" on you.:pDT_Xtremez_14: