• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NEW person in charge

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
....and he's a good one. If you want someone to stroke your ego, it isn't he. What he is, however, is exceptionally astute and utterly unemotional in his analysis.

Expect change. Lot's of it.

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Remember him arriving at a certain Bruggen Sqn with the back of a car full of beer, after succesfully recovering from jumping out of a Tornado. Not always words, but actions.
Great guy to talk too, hears what you are saying, not just listens to white noise...
Go Stu

4everAD

Sergeant
....and he's a good one. If you want someone to stroke your ego, it isn't he. What he is, however, is exceptionally astute and utterly unemotional in his analysis.

Expect change. Lot's of it.

My bold, oh good we haven't got much change going on at the moment!

Warwick Hunt

Persona Non-Grata
1000+ Posts
NEW person in charge

Mr Peach has long been regarded as one of the finest senior officers we've produced in a long time. Being appointed CDS is no surprise and I'm sure his tenure will be a successful one.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Wow - a passenger running the show. At one stage, it was frowned on to have a Nav as a Sqn Cdr, let alone a Stn Cdr or above.

The times they are a changing!

I hope he fairs better than his numerous predecessors who have been appointed as "Good Guys", only to hang their principles up at the front door to the MOD when the peerage is in sight.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
He already is a 'Sir' which means he is less likely to be bribed with it.

I am surprised for many of the same reasons already mentioned. His operational background doesn;t mention any AFG time either but I like the idea that his has a strong background in the 'I' of 'ISTAR'...Might be some much needed investment in that area now then.

Radartech

LAC
I'm amazed it wasn't a fish head to keep the senior service happy.

this will be four in a row from either us or the Army. Years ago they used to rotate it through the three services routinely to keep everyone smiling. It must be over 10 years since the Navy had anyone as CDS.

Digzster

Sergeant
From the OP's link - "Air Chief Marshal Peach is married with two children and has a passion for cooking and military history."

Don't know about the second, but he looks as though he enjoys his food.

Must be a hard one to pass his fitness tests :pDT_Xtremez_30:

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
From the OP's link - "Air Chief Marshal Peach is married with two children and has a passion for cooking and military history."

Don't know about the second, but he looks as though he enjoys his food.

Must be a hard one to pass his fitness tests :pDT_Xtremez_30:

I remember him as a young Flt Lt that didn't have a problem gatecrashing liney beer calls and going for a greasy burger after.

Wobbly_Jon

Corporal
About time an ex-Recce bod got the top job. Met him once or twice, always listened or at least seemed to, and had a good memory for faces as I found out the second time I met him some 5 year later. Also, he was never afraid to call a spade a 'kin shovel either. Now he's in post he has no fear about the rest of his career so he'll probable carry on as before with the threat of loss of promotion. Good on him, I hope kicks some ass.