• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Fitness tests

Z

Zippy

Outragous

Outragous

Vim_Fuego said:
NEW FITNESS TEST SCORES
MALES OLD NEW
17-24 9-10 9-10
25-29 8-10 9-10
30-34 8-03 9-04
35-39 7-04 8-09
40-44 6-01 8-03
45-49 5-01 7-07
50+ N/A N/A

FEMALES OLD NEW
17-24 6-01 7-02
25-29 5-06 7-02
30-34 5-03 6-08
35-39 4-07 6-04
40-44 4-03 5-08
45-49 3-09 5-04
50+ N/A N/A

These could be them......WEF from April 07

Nice to see a 17 year old female has to push it out to 7.02....:pDT_Xtremez_03:

How the fluff can we expect a bloke in his late 40's to push out more than a teenage girl who's just finished the Halton physical????? Surely this can't be right and these targets are just unrealistic. The old and bold won't stand for this, nor would the medics... Too many heartattacks!
Its alright for PTI's sat around in the gym all day, but 99% of RAF tradesmen are already stretched for time and manpower.
With all of the manning cuts and increase in deployments something has to give, fun stuff normally like sports afternoons, organised sport and gym sessions! We all want a life outside the job too!

:pDT_Xtremez_35: Off Topic

HeWitch

Corporal
Does seem to be a general theme here.
If I'm reading the replies to this correctly, most people aren't against being fit but would like the time to be able to get fit and the manpower to be able to attend. Might a poll finding people's views be worthwhile? Options on the lines of "Why bother in my branch", "I can already pass" "Give me the time to get there" "it's everyone's duty to be fit" so something like that.
You never know, maybe higher powers might read it and take note.
Yes, I'm an optimist.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
HeWitch said:
Does seem to be a general theme here.
If I'm reading the replies to this correctly, most people aren't against being fit but would like the time to be able to get fit and the manpower to be able to attend. Might a poll finding people's views be worthwhile? Options on the lines of "Why bother in my branch", "I can already pass" "Give me the time to get there" "it's everyone's duty to be fit" so something like that.
You never know, maybe higher powers might read it and take note.
Yes, I'm an optimist.

Feel free to do as you say....The results should be quite interesting...

L

Lil Miss Naughty

To be honest I cant see where much people are going to pass the new fitness test.
At my previous camp we had one wraf who had never in her whole career passed her fitness test!!! She failed at Halton and they let her through, then she failed at trade trg and got put through. Now she's at her first unit and still hasnt passed!!! She turns up to "Fat Club" every week and puts no effort in!! How do people like this get away with it?

E

Edzar

paveway said:
Thats nothing. How about a person getting his C/T and never once has he passed his fitness test.
Paveway, that is just outrageous!!:pDT_Xtremez_41: I am no racing snake or fitness fanatic, and I do enjoy the daily pie and ale, but even I have never failed a RAF fitness test!
However, I also know of those getting their third up without passing!!
Seems like there's some double standards going on somewhere eh?

L

Lil Miss Naughty

paveway said:
Thats nothing. How about a person getting his C/T and never once has he passed his fitness test.
I am also happy to say that I have never failed a fitness test either!!! I must be one of the few wraf's who hasn't!!!

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
The levels for the WRAFS are so low it wouldn't be worth extinguishing their cigarettes for the test...Or putting down their sticky bun...:pDT_Xtremez_08:

E

Edzar

Lil Miss Naughty said:
I am also happy to say that I have never failed a fitness test either!!! I must be one of the few wraf's who hasn't!!!
Cheeky!!!!!

Dunno how NE1 could actually fail your test, unless they had no lungs or something!!!! :pDT_Xtremez_19:

L

Lil Miss Naughty

Edzar said:
Cheeky!!!!!

Dunno how NE1 could actually fail your test, unless they had no lungs or something!!!! :pDT_Xtremez_19:

Yeah thanks for that!!! Just remember there are plenty of fat un-fit wraf's around!

E

Edzar

Lil Miss Naughty said:
Yeah thanks for that!!! Just remember there are plenty of fat un-fit wraf's around!
Surely not, not seen any up here, I thought all the unfit ones had kids now or got out!

L

Lil Miss Naughty

Edzar said:
Surely not, not seen any up here, I thought all the unfit ones had kids now or got out!
Trust me there are still loads of them around. Depends how far up north you are.

tag_lincoln

Corporal
I think you've identified the problem, there is no point raising the standard if their are no repercussions. The people who keep themselves in shape will continue to pass as even the with the new levels it's hardly superstars is it. Those who fail will have no action taken against them. It needs to go in the terms or service or something, ie progression onto next pay level or promotion, or anything. Otherwise the fatties will continue to take the pi55 and the rest of us have to take time out of work to run up and down the gym ( they could at least play music to beat the tedium).

Bet the fat waaf mentioned by LMN gets out of he OOA somehow as well, why oh why do we have these parasites in the air force.

M

monobrow

This is what a PTI told me when I asked whether the OFT was going to eventually replace the AFT.

"Well, no. The AFT is a government requirment to make sure your healthy. But we can't kick you out for being unhealthy. We can kick you out for not being able to do your job though, thats where the OFT comes in."

Then went on for god knows how long about how much trouble the airships have had trying to introduce it, and the legal issues on kicking someone out. Basically the rules are re-written, and it's a case of pass your OFT or get out.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
monobrow said:
This is what a PTI told me when I asked whether the OFT was going to eventually replace the AFT.

"Well, no. The AFT is a government requirment to make sure your healthy. But we can't kick you out for being unhealthy. We can kick you out for not being able to do your job though, thats where the OFT comes in."

Then went on for god knows how long about how much trouble the airships have had trying to introduce it, and the legal issues on kicking someone out. Basically the rules are re-written, and it's a case of pass your OFT or get out.

When have the armed forces managed to bring in a new and decisive rule/law that when challenged by somebody with an internet pretend law degree hasn't fallen apart at the first asking...

I'm thinking that for this particular law a reasonable lawyer should be abled to pick holes in it once he has proved his client hasn't been given suitable instruction in the error of his fitness ways and, due to overstretch etc, hasn't had the chance to rectify it...

The MOD will probably end up owing the failed candidate money...isn't that normally the way?

manga677

LAC
Dare I say it Bring in compulsory PT before work starts just like the yanks do, it would be horrible but we are a military organisation not a 9-5 company

B

billy bollox

fitness

fitness

I know its sad but I recently did 10-2 on my best efforts. There were lads there bearly in 20's coughing up a lung after 6!! Its all cos bosses in the towers think we should be army with RAF badge!! It wont work and like has already been said, what will happen when 1/2 the sqn is on remedial instead of crewing in the idiots whio fly?? Time to go to the ARF I feel!!!