• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Need some advice from serving RAFP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically as part of an investigation, my personal mobile phone was "seized" to enable the RAFP to investigate a member of the station guard force.

I was told that my phone would be sent away to the lab, but it wouldnt be gone for long. This was the better part of 6 months ago, and I have since left the RAF.

After speaking to the unit, it appears they now wont give me my phone back until the case is closed. With no set date, and no phone in sight i am getting increasingly annoyed as I am still being charged my monthly line rental.

Until the case is closed I am reluctant to divulge the full details of the incident, but I am not facing any charges or action in relation to this incident.

Where do I stand in relation to making a complaint, or taking some kind of legal action to recoup the losses caused by me having no phone for 6 months?

Pikeman

Cider one of the five
1000+ Posts
Give 'em a call and ask :pDT_Xtremez_35::pDT_Xtremez_42::pDT_Xtremez_34: sorry , couldn't resist.

Hope it all gets sorted soon.

Basically as part of an investigation, my personal mobile phone was "seized" to enable the RAFP to investigate a member of the station guard force.

I was told that my phone would be sent away to the lab, but it wouldnt be gone for long. This was the better part of 6 months ago, and I have since left the RAF.

After speaking to the unit, it appears they now wont give me my phone back until the case is closed. With no set date, and no phone in sight i am getting increasingly annoyed as I am still being charged my monthly line rental.

Until the case is closed I am reluctant to divulge the full details of the incident, but I am not facing any charges or action in relation to this incident.

Where do I stand in relation to making a complaint, or taking some kind of legal action to recoup the losses caused by me having no phone for 6 months?

Phone(sic)or write to your contract provider and explain the situation,they may be sympathetic and freeze or reduce your payments if they can see no calls have been made in the last 6 months

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
Stacker

If it has been seized as actual evidence in an investigation then unfortunately you wont get it back until the case has been closed. I would say get in touch with your provider though and explain the situation.

The best people to seek advice from on compo etc would be solicitors though as to be honest I am unsure what the regs are concerning your particular case so wouldnt want to give advice about it.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
Obviously not knowing the details but 'personal' mobile phone seized, unless OOA, what's the sketch? Personal means personal surely.

The phone was seized as they wanted to "remove and transcript" some SMS messages from it that were sent to me from the alleged offender. The phone itself isnt needed for evidence, just the messages on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.